Do da john wall

carlos boozer update pg 6

quote:
Originally posted by Frank'N'Beans:

quote:
Originally posted by orlmgc4ever:

quote:

I think this deal just might work, it gives all the teams what they need phoenix talent for amare, chicago more cap room, and orlando a championship!

http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/4/

What was the trade? Viewing has expired.

3way deal Magic, Bulls, Suns..... Magic give up Meer, VC, receive amare, Hinrich......Bulls give up Deng, Henrich, get VC, Suns give up amare, get Deng n Meer.

That would be nice but Hinrich has already been traded to the Wizards. It's just waiting for the league approval.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think this deal just might work, it gives all the teams what they need phoenix talent for amare, chicago more cap room, and orlando a championship!

3way deal Magic, Bulls, Suns..... Magic give up Meer, VC, receive amare, Hinrich......Bulls give up Deng, Henrich, get VC, Suns give up amare, get Deng n Meer.

noooo1.gif

punch.gif

quote:

quote:

quote:

absolutely no way the bulls ruin their cap space by trading for vc. they're better off keeping deng in that case.

quote:

quote:

quote:

The funny thing about your trade is that the Suns already passed on Luol Deng. They shipped his rights to the Bulls for cash considerations. Why should they get him back?

joshua in orlando:

can the magic get a big time PF

Steve Kyler:

Dwight has been pushing hard for carlos Boozer... I think there will be at least a discussion on that front... if Miami dries up because of Bosh... then its New Jersey or Orlando from what I have heard.

So we'll see if Orlando can make a deal... I have been told that Rashard is working on a shift to the SF spot, so to me that says either they are giving Bass a job or making a splash for a real four spot player.

james in Florida:

are the magic planning on contacting brad miller

Steve Kyler:

Not that I have heard... Otis isn't chatty that way... But consider that Orlando now has three centers under contract, I doubt they add a fourt... I have heard that Boston and Dallas have eyes for Brad Miller, I think they will offer more.

Ziggy Holmes in Miami FL:

Hey steve! Nice and simple. Will D. Orton play meaningful minutes for Orlando next year. What about Robinson? Thanks!

Steve Kyler:

No... Daniel will not, he's very raw and very unproven... I think he'll see spot minutes like Brandon Bass did last year, but most games he'll be an observer and cheerleader unless Dwight gets hurt.

On Sticks... I hope Stanley gets a shot... I love the guy, he has two little girls and he is not doing this for himself, he's doing this for his family - he left UCONN for a year to go work in a scrap yard to make sure his girls were taken care of - not many high levle guys would do that... its really a great story, and he's such a good guy I hope it becomes a happy ending for them.

He fits so many Magic needs, but as the 59th pick, its gonna be an uphill climb - he really choked in workouts, overwhlemed by the process, when he settles in he's a freak athlete - so I hope he has a solid Summer League...

I am pulling for that guy hard

Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith is supposed to be cooking up something big this offseason as he ponders a way to get his team back to the NBA Finals. At this point, speculation is easy to come by - we're all sitting around waiting for free agency to start and dreaming up scenarios that make our local teams contenders. The top names out there are, of course, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, but once those players decide their futures there will still be impact players on the board.

The Utah Jazz have played the game with Boozer in the media, saying they would love to have him back in Utah, while also drafting the player who will ultimately replace him on the roster. When they matched Portland's offer to Paul Millsap last summer it was a pretty clear indication that Boozer was out. You simply don't pay a guy $9 million to ride the bench.

Assuming Boozer is gone, it seems most likely he would land in New Jersey. His first choice is Miami, but if the HEAT have a shot at Chris Bosh they'll pass on Carlos. New Jersey has Boozer as their first offseason option, and will do their best to sell Boozer on a lineup that already features an All-Star point guard, a recent Coach Of The Year, and one of the best young centers in the NBA. Add Boozer and the Nets are a playoff team.

There is another team that will have interest in Boozer, however, and it's a little closer to his Florida home. Otis Smith says he's working on something big, and it wouldn't get much bigger than Boozer. Not only do the Magic have some attractive pieces to offer the Jazz in a sign-and-trade (Marcin Gortat, Brandon Bass, Mikael Pietrus, Vince Carter, or maybe J.J. Redick), they have a slot ready-made for Boozer in their lineup. Rashard Lewis has been working hard this summer to get his game back into the small forward role, which is a pretty clear indication that he believes he'll spend time there next season. Adding Boozer would give the Magic the ability to put an imposing front line on the court at times, while also keeping the flexibility of putting Lewis at the four to create mismatches.

Meanwhile, the Jazz would land a quality back-up center who could easily start if they don't bring back Mehmet Okur, as well as a solid back-up power forward in Brandon Bass and a potential replacement for free agent Kyle Korver. Redick, in particular, has the kind of work ethic and skill set that normally gets Jerry Sloan excited.

There's a lot of speculation flying around at the moment, so let's throw a little more out there. The Magic need a splashy move, especially if the HEAT go for the trifecta with Bosh, Wade and James. Adding Boozer would make them just as deadly as any team Miami chooses to field, and keep the Jazz moving forward, as well

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16657

quote:
Originally posted by Chaz:

I really like the Al Jefferson trade idea, I think the guy would be a beast if properly utilised next to Dwight and would give a solid twin tower line up a la Duncan and Robinson in San An.

Portland idea is total bs and Caron Butler could turn out to be just another wince.

I would defintely do that trade for Al Jefferson but the Blazers and Mavericks trade would be awful. Caron Butler is better than both Pietrus and Gortat but he's not worth both of them IMO. Butler is a little overrated IMO and I'd rather trade for a true PF with size. I'd rather trade Gortat and Pietrus for Al Jefferson and then pick up Ryan Gomes as cheap alternative.

This would be a very solid roster and would be better than last year's IMO. Jefferson could also play center when Dwight gets in foul trouble and Bass, Anderson, and Lewis could fill in a the 4 spot.

C: Dwight Howard

PF: Al Jefferson

SF: Rashard Lewis

SG: Vince Carter

PG: Jameer Nelson

SG: J.J. Redick

PF: Brandon Bass

PF: Ryan Anderson

SF: Ryan Gomes

C: Daniel Orton

SF: Stanley Robinson

PG: Chris Duhon/Steve Blake (Hopefully)

Putting Al Jefferson next to Dwight would be like putting Chris Paul next to Jameer Nelson.