Sign in to follow this  
Do da john wall

carlos boozer update pg 6

Hi! What about Gortat's future after Orlando picked Orton? Where could he be traded?

Bill Ingram:

I'll be shocked if Gortat is in Orlando next season. . .not because I think Orton can play at all, but because there are so many teams interested in him. The right offer will land Gortat somewhere else, where he may very well become a starter.

What about this deal Gortat,Pietrus for Caron Butler.

Bill Ingram:

I think it would work for Dallas . . .Pietrus is definitely a better two than Butler, and they obviously tried really hard to get Gortat last summer. The issue, then, is starting Marion at the 3 . . .I don't think they'll get too far with that. Marion looked pretty bad at times this season.

What about Al Jefferson to Orlando for Gortat and Pietrius? I think it makes the most sense and benefits both cities! Big Al next to Howard would look like a monster. He can score against double teams easily!

Bill Ingram:

They would be devastatingly good . . .it hasn't been discussed, but maybe it will be . . .they still have the versatility of moving Rashard to the 4,where he creates mis-matches, but could also bully teams in the paint.

Nelson, Gortat, s&t Reddick to Portland for Przybilla (exp. contract), Miller (exp. contract), Bayless, and Fernandez? Does this deal help either team? I think Nelson would be a better fit next to Roy since he can actually shoot the 3

Bill Ingram:

Actually, it does . . .if the numbers work. The Blazers upgrade their 5 spot, Joel is a good back-up for Orlando if he's healthy, and Bayless and Fernandez shore up the guard spots for Orlando. I don't think Miller is nearly as good as Jameer . . .there's the rub

The only trade that sounds solid is the one with Dallas....but then VC would have to go, I can't see him and Butler working well together.

I agree with the Blazers trade being awful.

It's pointless to read any of this stuff. If summer speculation was food, it would feed every starving child in Africa 10 times over.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

For Ingram to even entertain that Portland offer shows he really doesn't know Otis. Otis loves Nelson.

And it's an awful trade.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

For Ingram to even entertain that Portland offer shows he really doesn't know Otis. Otis loves Nelson.

And it's an awful trade.

Nelson for Roy straight up or nothing.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

And it's an awful trade.

Nelson for Roy straight up or nothing.

Now THAT's a good trade.

The first two trades are solid, (swapping Pietrus with Bass would also work, money wise) but the other is TOTAL BS.

I really like the Al Jefferson trade idea, I think the guy would be a beast if properly utilised next to Dwight and would give a solid twin tower line up a la Duncan and Robinson in San An.

Portland idea is total bs and Caron Butler could turn out to be just another wince.

quote:
Originally posted by Chaz:

and Caron Butler could turn out to be just another wince.

except, you know, he makes 8 million less.

obviously he only good for 18-20ppg though.