quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoMagicFan12:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGG I JUST SAW THIS ON ESPN. CP3 IS MY FAVORITE PLAYER, I WOULD TAKE HIM OVER JAMEER ANY DAY. PLEASE OTIS GET HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overly excited random person, do you have any further thoughts on the matter?

Yea, who would we give up to get him? And what are the chances of this happening?

what is c ville?

Casselberry, clearly...

You guys are going to be massively disappointed when none of this crap happens, and then you're going to complain about the Magic not being serious about winning a championship because they didn't manage to pull off a miracle trade to get one of the top four or five players in the league.

Although judging by the treatment Dwight gets around here, I'm tempted to think that even if Chris Paul were to play for the Magic, there would be tons of threads complaining about him.

Carry on.

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Meanwhile, Otis is trying to build a team around the league's best center and the league's best point guard.

Just wanted to remind everyone of that.

Is that offical? Still waiting for someone other then fanhouse to confirm it.

Haven't heard from Magical on it, but if you remember at the trade deadline this year, Smack was saying the Magic were making a push for him - and NOLA was considering it. Everything was put on the back burner to evaluate Paul's knee, though.

As objective as I can be, I actually believe that there could be a deal that would be in both teams' interests. However, New Orleans would need to be convinced that they are best served by rebuilding around youth.

If they believe that is the route they should go, then they could have a very strong young core of Collison, Thorton, Gortat, Bass (or Ryan Anderson) and either Jameer or Vince's expiring, while also getting rid of some awful contracts in either Okafor, Peterson, or Posey.

Likewise, I think the best scenario would involve the Magic taking back Okafor and Paul. Emeka could be an admirable backup to Dwight (wouldn't that be ironic) even though his contract handicaps the team for quite some time. Meanwhile we could go after CJ Watson with the MLE.

My only qualm with the entire thing is that it would likely mean Shard staying at PF since it would take us out of the Bosh/Amare/Boozer sweepstakes. But honestly, who the hell cares with a core of Paul and Dwight?

Anyway, this is all contingent upon NO's management thinking that this team isn't going to make any noise in the playoffs as currently constructed (which I think is pretty obvious).

What about Emeka at PF? Sure he would see some time at C but that would be a solid defensive frontcourt.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGG I JUST SAW THIS ON ESPN. CP3 IS MY FAVORITE PLAYER, I WOULD TAKE HIM OVER JAMEER ANY DAY. PLEASE OTIS GET HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, who would we give up to get him? And what are the chances of this happening?

what is c ville?

Casselberry, clearly...

soo... casselberry, pa? i'm talking about the location of the excited new person.

disappointed? I won't be. I am however still slightly tweaked that this Javaris Crittenton deal never went down, I mean we had solid insider info from the guy who walks his dog at the same dog park as Chris Wallace, makes NO sense. sore subject.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

what is c ville?

Casselberry, clearly...

LOL. Coatesville

I fully expect us to go into next season with the same roster with a tweak here and there (rookie SF and a new backup PG).

But considering the forum would be non existent right now if it weren't for these stupid rumors I'll take what I can get. Work goes by alot slower without this thing.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

what is c ville?

Casselberry, clearly...

soo... casselberry, pa? i'm talking about the location of the excited new person.

"That's because it's going to Columbus, Georgia. Not Columbus, Ohio."

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

what is c ville?

Casselberry, clearly...

"That's because it's going to Columbus, Georgia. Not Columbus, Ohio."

what? did someone tell you this when you were trying to cross the atlantic on the titanic?