Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by J-BIG:

We need to make a move tomorrow if for nothing else, to send a message

I think we tried to but either people just didnt wanna trade with us or we're to cuffed with being over the cap icon_frown.gif

asdjfkl;!!! I can only hope there is still something BIG up Otis's sleeve, otherwise we'll be in contention with the Bulls and Celtics to lose in the ECF...and that's it.

EDIT: Hawks (providing they don't face us) too.

Well there was talk of Otis holding off on the CP3 trade so as to not show his hand and force Queen James into forming a super team. Maybe now that the superteam is intact we well swing for the fences and create one of our own. Wishful thinking perhaps but I hope it happens.

As the original nominator of getting this to the HOF...

I would suggest that we give this thing one more day. If the TPE goes to the wayside and we still don't have CP3? I think the thread is done. Done as in put in the HOF by the way, not DELETED.

Anyway I hope Otis uses it for SOMETHING Friday. Even if it's back to back trades that involve Gortat.. if management's still willing to pay, then Otis needs to spend, d**nit.

Agreed, Gortat the TPE are just waiting to be used. If Otis doesn't get something done, he isn't doing his job. That said I have faith in this team and the Heat don't even have a center on their roster, so there is still hope.

Really it's up to our owners. If they want Paul, and it takes acquiring Okafor and Posey to get it done, fine. It's their money, if they want to pay a ton of luxury tax money that's their business. I believe that if they REALLY felt adding those three players to this roster would be enough to top Miami, they'd do it. If they don't believe it will be enough then they will just ride with this current roster until next season when we can decline VC's option and go from there.