Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
It's no surprise the Orlando Magic are looking to upgrade their roster.

Center Dwight Howard is the type of dynamic, unique talent that sparks championship visions, yet the group that won the Eastern Conference championship in 2009 watched the NBA Finals from home this time around after being beaten by Boston in six games for the latest Eastern Conference crown.

And if their latest trade inquiry is any indication, Orlando is looking to upgrade its point guard position.

According to a league source, the Magic are among the teams that recently inquired about New Orleans point guard Chris Paul. While it's not known what the Magic would be willing to offer, the mere inquiry is a reflection of the organizational thinking as they move forward with Howard as the centerpiece and Jameer Nelson running the show.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/0...king-for-chris-paul/

limit 3 -4 paragraphs only

quote:
pure point guard to replace Nelson, who has never averaged more than 5.6 assists per game in his six-year career

smile_svgsad.png

quote:
distributing deficiencies

smile_svgsad.pngsmile_svgsad.png

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
pure point guard to replace Nelson, who has never averaged more than 5.6 assists per game in his six-year career

smile_svgsad.png

quote:
distributing deficiencies

smile_svgsad.pngsmile_svgsad.png

I agree JEC.

While I would be ecstatic to add Paul to our roster, I don't care for the way he describes Nelson here. I am positive that this is not the way the Magic thinks of Nelson. This reeks of a writer who does not routinely cover the Magic. In fact, I've never even heard of Sam Amick.

It's just unfortunate that the media bases the value of a point guard almost exclusively on the most arbitrary statistic in the game. Jameer is an excellent point guard for the system we've been running for the past few years; he can shoot.

Jameer is good - Paul is just an option you HAVE to explore.

If a GM without an elite PG hasn't called, then they're not doing their job.

Is this guy credible?

Like LOD said, I would be thrilled to add Paul here. But Nelson is great in so many ways, it'd be tough to see him go.

AND OMG 64 GAMES AND 45 LAST YEAR. OMG INJURY PRONE.

quote:
Orlando is interested in an elite-level, pure point guard to replace Nelson, who has never averaged more than 5.6 assists per game in his six-year career and has three seasons and a combined total of $21.9 million left on his contract. The Magic attempted to make up for his distributing deficiencies by signing veteran Jason Williams last summer, but both him and veteran point guard Anthony Johnson will be free agents on July 1.

This might be the worst paragraph of the summer to date written about the Magic. It's such a horrible piece of "reporting" that it might stand at the end of summer as the reigning king of crap written in the off season.

All this guy does is take the fact that the Magic inquired about Paul, then make a leap and explain the reasons why, as made up in his own mind, as factual reporting.

Chris Paul is the kind of guy that you try to get if he is up for grabs, almost regardless of who you have currently in the PG position. He is arguable the leagues best PG. The fact that the Magic inquired about him doesn't say much at all about their stance on Jameer. I'm pretty sure they aren't looking at the PG position as needing a change, but the chance to get Paul overrides whatever other game plan they might have had. Period.

The mention of J. Will to make up for distribution difficiencies is funny. How about, our only back up PG after Alston was traded was Anthony Freakin Johnson. We couldn't go into the season with only AJ as the back up, and J Will was to be had for cheap. He played well early on, but could not sustain that level of output for the entire season.

i heard about this yesterday. i just dont see NO wanting jameer back wouldnt they be doing a trade in order to move collison into the lineup and build something solid around him? id assume they may be looking for something else...

If you can get Chris Paul you certainly do it.

I was actually just listening to Mike and Mike and they had JA Adande on as well. They said they heard that "World Wide Wes" told other teams that if they want Lebron they should explore getting Chris Paul because that is the one player Lebron wants to play with or something like that.

Adande also said the Hornets turned down a trade of Gay and OJ Mayo for Paul.

So I guess what I am saying is that after Otis trades for Paul we should have Lebron in the bag as well.

Paul, JJ, Lebron, Lewis, Howard.