Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by OnePunchMachine:

What if Hornets trade him to team that is not on the short list? like memphis for example! can they do that over Pauls wish?

He doesn't have some no trade clause, so they can ship him to wherever they want.

The problem is that a bad team thinking about getting him knows he won't stick around after his contract is up anyways, so why rent him?

Indeed it doesn't matter what Paul wants, but what it means to the Hornets is that Orlando now knows that Paul wants to go there and are more likely to sacrafice more to get him than, say, memphis would be.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by raf008:

If CP3 stays with the Hornets then this is not that big of a deal BUT if he ends up going anywhere but here then i don't know what would happen to otis....

A.Demoted

B.Fired

C.Set on Fire

D.All of the Above

Yes, it would definitely be Otis' fault the HORNETS sent Paul somewhere else.

Yes, it would totally be Otis' fault.

I already posted this, I can guarantee if the trade doesn't go down, people will start blaming Otis and calling for his head.

Chill homey i'm not calling for his head i'm just saying that a lot of uneducated people would think that i mean that's what they're saying all over the radio...even though it's preposterous

Yes, while it's unlikely for a team not contending to give up the farm for Chris Paul (who would leave the team ASAP), you have to understand the league is FULL of stupid GMs.

While he doesn't have a no trade clause and NO can ship him wherever, Paul can always inform the team he won't be easy to get along with and he'll walk as soon as he can.

That being said, a team would be willing to take that risk for such a high reward if they can settle him.

I still think this is only good news, we have enough expirings to match the rubbish contracts NO will want to get rid of.

quote:

quote:

What if Hornets trade him to team that is not on the short list? like memphis for example! can they do that over Pauls wish?

They can do whatever the hell they want, Paul doesn't have much say.

Paul has a short list. You're telling me you'd trade for Chris Paul when you know he doesn't want to play for you? It may not seem like he should, but Paul absolutely has a lot of say, and that holds true for all superstar-level players.

codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"

height="385"

width="480"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

allowScriptAccess="never"

height="385"

width="480"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_LMSejeoCE&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

15wl6hd.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

quote:

quote:

They can do whatever the hell they want, Paul doesn't have much say.

Paul has a short list. You're telling me you'd trade for Chris Paul when you know he doesn't want to play for you? It may not seem like he should, but Paul absolutely has a lot of say, and that holds true for all superstar-level players.

I was just saying.. bc i dont want to get my hopes up only to find out that a none short list team aka "the dark horse" comes and scoops him up!

At any rate, it's a sticky situation for Otis, because if we DON'T get Paul, fans will at least want to hear he tried his hardest, but he can never come out and say he was really trying to make it happen. What does that say about Jameer?