Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana

Man the T-Wolves had 2 top 6 picks and its starting to look like they screwed both up. Their rapidly gaining on the Knicks in level of horrible decisions. I mean come on. TWO? You could jumpstart a franchise that is dead in the water in even weaker drafts.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

Man the T-Wolves had 2 top 6 picks and its starting to look like they screwed both up. Their rapidly gaining on the Knicks in level of horrible decisions. I mean come on. TWO? You could jumpstart a franchise that is dead in the water in even weaker drafts.

I feel for that fanbase. Not only were there immediate w.t.f reactions after their second pick because they were both pg's, but they had to choose those two out of the guards that were available.. The two worst pg selections possible.

If Indiana doesn't do this, Larry Bird needs to be hit with a brick

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

I feel for that fanbase. Not only were there immediate w.t.f reactions after their second pick because they were both pg's, but they had to choose those two out of the guards that were available.. The two worst pg selections possible.

Players they passed on to take both of those two that have showed some promise: (Sure one of them would have fine and understandable, but not both)

7. Stephen Curry

10. Brandon Jennings

17. Jrue Holliday

18. Ty Lawson

21. Darren Collison

23. Omri Casspi

25. Rodrigue Beaubois

26. Taj Gibson

37. DeJuan Blair

43. Marcus Thornton

Sure their are alot of PG's on that list. But their are quite a few of them I would have taken easily over both Flynn and Rubio. And then several of them combo guards that could have fit better together.

That and the fact they couldnt find any team to take that pick... In a guard heavy draft when so many teams were looking for that young athletic point. Wow.

There was nothing wrong with picking Jonny Flynn. Rubio on the other hand is overrated, what an awful shooter. He makes Brandon Jennings look like Ray Allen.

The thing is with Rubio, everyone knew he would be staying in spain for a long time!

And even when he does go to the NBA, he won't be as good as everyone thinks. He is pretty much the darko of last years draft