Sign in to follow this  
mont

why do we blame vince carter for the teams failure

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

You keep trying to run the offense through howard and this team will lose. Commentators have said that over and over again, especially when playing the celtics. Carter needed the ball more to make plays but...

You mean they shouldn't run the offense through the guy that averaged 22pts on 57% shooting for the entire series (which had two very terrible games) and for 4 games (2, 4, 5, and 6) he averaged 27.7 points on 65.6% shooting?

Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously when you say these things?

Running the offense through Dwight was what kept the team from getting swept, and was hardly the problem. The problem was we had our PG not being aggressive enough, and our PF and SG shooting below 37% from the field.

I can't believe you actually took the words that came out of Mark Jackson's mouth seriously

smile_svgsad.png

How can you not believe it? If Vince shot 0-50 from the field in the ECF he would be trying to blame everyone on the team but Vince.

The VC fanclub just refuses to acknowledge their boy isn't a star anymore, he's not the dynamic scorer he used to be. At this age, he's only capable of giving you those kind of nights once in a while, and he didn't give us any when it mattered. Bottom line. But hey, it's all Dwight and Jameer, our best two players. Those two are the reasons VC can't score..**** them to hell!

smile_svgsad.png

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:

quote:

You keep trying to run the offense through howard and this team will lose. Commentators have said that over and over again, especially when playing the celtics. Carter needed the ball more to make plays but...

You mean they shouldn't run the offense through the guy that averaged 22pts on 57% shooting for the entire series (which had two very terrible games) and for 4 games (2, 4, 5, and 6) he averaged 27.7 points on 65.6% shooting?

Running the offense through Dwight was what kept the team from getting swept, and was hardly the problem. The problem was we had our PG not being aggressive enough, and our PF and SG shooting below 37% from the field.

I can't believe you actually took the words that came out of Mark Jackson's mouth seriously

smile_svgsad.png

How can you not believe it? If Vince shot 0-50 from the field in the ECF he would be trying to blame everyone on the team but Vince.

The VC fanclub just refuses to acknowledge their boy isn't a star anymore, he's not the dynamic scorer he used to be. At this age, he's only capable of giving you those kind of nights once in a while, and he didn't give us any when it mattered. Bottom line. But hey, it's all Dwight and Jameer, our best two players. Those two are the reasons VC can't score..**** them to hell!

smile_svgsad.png

Not only that, but Carter also had the third highest Usage Rating on the team, behind only Jameer and Dwight, and I actually think he led the team in USG% up until the last few games against Boston.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

You might want to work on your sarcasm a little.

I thought it was pretty obvious, considering he acknowledged the original post as well. Maybe it's just me idk.

To me it just made him sound retarded. lol

Maybe it's just me though.

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

@ dreams you cant say that vince wasnt trying. he played his best defense. he is not a great defender, but with that being said, barnes and pietrus tried defending ray and paul, and they got blasted too. vince ran hard and tried to get to the hole, but no luck on the calls and his jumper was no where, but if he stays with the magic and has a hot season, everyone will be on the band wagon again. what kind of fans is that. dwight howard was up and down in this series, rashard lewis was up and down, jameer nelson played good in a lot of the games but scoring was not enough as a point guard. you have to make plays. last year orlando barely beat boston with the beloved hedo and without kg, so why does it suprise everyone that they beat us this year. we played poor in game 1 and that set the tone for the series. you have to get game 1.

You asked me about Carter, so I gave you my opinions about Carter.

I still felt that Carter wasn't trying both on the offensive and defensive end.

I think he tried he just failed.

quote:
Originally posted by A BETTER DJ:

As much as I think SVG is a great coach, I put a lot of the blame on him for not pulling players when they are sucking! It shouldn't matter how much somebody is making, or how good they are supposed to be, when it comes to the playoffs if their shot isn't falling, they are not finishing at the hole, and their man is scoring at will, then they need to ride the pine... regardless of who it is! To win in the playoffs you need the 5 guys that are getting it done the best to get the most minutes!

he's the master of panic what do you expect? when the **** hits the fan he loses his bloodclaat mind and starts making dumb decisions.

shaq was right all along.

quote:

quote:

smile_svgsad.png

With a name like "buttermilkpancakes", I wouldn't take you seriously either. You probably haven't started growing hair on your balls yet.

quote:

quote:

smile_svgsad.png

With a name like "ButterMilkPancakes", I would't take you seriously that's for sure. You probably haven't started growing hair on your balls.

i think otis was correct in what he thought back in '07 about vince being fool's gold. don't know why he traded for him and praised his leadership abilities just 2 years later.

fools gold!!!!!! without him what is orlando's record this year????????????? who was going to get rashard the ball jameer???????? in the atlanta series what was jj's role gonna be? he was clearly outmatched the first two rounds of the playoffs. some of you guys cant be serious. the same boston team that made kobe look human,is the team that made vince look bad, along with the striped players. whats funny is all the holding that boston did against us and pushing, they cried foul against the lakers. if you look at the series again, vc got past pierce with ease, but only to run into a double team. who else on the magic roster saw a double team??? if his jumper would have been on it would have been different. but the games where vince played the worst, we won. so why blame him. in his 23 point game and the last game we lost. so it was everybody being on the same page moreso than just him struggling. but its easier to blame him huh???

in jan. when he was struggling he didnt blame his shoulder, or earlier in the year when he had ankle and knee problems he didnt use that excuse either, but he came to play. then later on everybody jumped on the bandwagon, but were waiting for him to fail. the team failed, and if they dont all get on the same page at the same time, you can put whatever two guard you want in there and it will be the same result. btw didnt boston also beat the cavs with the second best player in the nba. hmmmmmmmmmmmm