Sign in to follow this  
mont

why do we blame vince carter for the teams failure

quote:
Originally posted by StayBrutal:

I remember when I was new,so i say this in a nice way...

family_guy_stewie_you_suck_black_sh.jpg

You do realize your threads still suck, right?

You keep trying to run the offense through howard and this team will lose. Commentators have said that over and over again, especially when playing the celtics. Carter needed the ball more to make plays but...

As much as I think SVG is a great coach, I put a lot of the blame on him for not pulling players when they are sucking! It shouldn't matter how much somebody is making, or how good they are supposed to be, when it comes to the playoffs if their shot isn't falling, they are not finishing at the hole, and their man is scoring at will, then they need to ride the pine... regardless of who it is! To win in the playoffs you need the 5 guys that are getting it done the best to get the most minutes!

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

The team just kind of fell asleep. I think why VC is singled out is because everyone expected him to take over and be the stable, reliable, veteran presence.

Instead, he was completely taken out of his game. Most of that was due to the Celtics defense, which I don't think enough people on these boards give credit to, but at least part of it was just disappointment.

VC had a great regular season, but faded HARD in the playoffs. But it's a team effort, even losses.

Vince and howard were locked down in the bobcats series, but vince still managed to have a couple good games. I thought vince played well against the hawks. Vince played well in game 1 of the celtic series but after that it seemed like the game plan changed.

It's easy to blame someone when you feel like they are not trying. The reason why he was here is to be that go to scorer that Orlando needed for the playoffs.

I've watched some of the games in the Boston series and I got frustrated when he would MOVE out of the way for the offensive player. Look, if shots aren't falling, I understand that, we've seen him have tough nights but there should not be a reason why you cannot defend and do all the other things that are not NBA highlight worthy.

As for comparing Kobe in game 7, his shots were not falling so what does he do? He grab rebounds, he hustles for the ball, he assist his teammates, he moved the ball, he gets to the free throw line--in part he makes up for his offensive game.

And that was all that was required of Carter, just play your heart out and see what happens.

I know it sounds like I'm blaming Vince, I'm not, it is what it is, but seeing as this post was specifically talking about him, I gave you my opinions about him.

i agree with vcda. vince played great in game 1 and the rest of the team was in arizona or somewhere, but it is team ball. not one magic player had a good game every game. shard and vince just had the most bad games, but you could see that he wasnt getting the ball when he was feeling it. when he fought through screens and jameer didnt even look his way!!!!! what does that do for your confidence if your struggling. they didnt play their best and you cant blame anyone but the team.

@ dreams you cant say that vince wasnt trying. he played his best defense. he is not a great defender, but with that being said, barnes and pietrus tried defending ray and paul, and they got blasted too. vince ran hard and tried to get to the hole, but no luck on the calls and his jumper was no where, but if he stays with the magic and has a hot season, everyone will be on the band wagon again. what kind of fans is that. dwight howard was up and down in this series, rashard lewis was up and down, jameer nelson played good in a lot of the games but scoring was not enough as a point guard. you have to make plays. last year orlando barely beat boston with the beloved hedo and without kg, so why does it suprise everyone that they beat us this year. we played poor in game 1 and that set the tone for the series. you have to get game 1.

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

@ dreams you cant say that vince wasnt trying. he played his best defense. he is not a great defender, but with that being said, barnes and pietrus tried defending ray and paul, and they got blasted too. vince ran hard and tried to get to the hole, but no luck on the calls and his jumper was no where, but if he stays with the magic and has a hot season, everyone will be on the band wagon again. what kind of fans is that. dwight howard was up and down in this series, rashard lewis was up and down, jameer nelson played good in a lot of the games but scoring was not enough as a point guard. you have to make plays. last year orlando barely beat boston with the beloved hedo and without kg, so why does it suprise everyone that they beat us this year. we played poor in game 1 and that set the tone for the series. you have to get game 1.

You asked me about Carter, so I gave you my opinions about Carter.

I still felt that Carter wasn't trying both on the offensive and defensive end.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

I remember when I was new,so i say this in a nice way...

family_guy_stewie_you_suck_black_sh.jpg

You do realize your threads still suck, right?

I'm hurt icon_frown.gif

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

You keep trying to run the offense through howard and this team will lose. Commentators have said that over and over again, especially when playing the celtics. Carter needed the ball more to make plays but...

You mean they shouldn't run the offense through the guy that averaged 22pts on 57% shooting for the entire series (which had two very terrible games) and for 4 games (2, 4, 5, and 6) he averaged 27.7 points on 65.6% shooting?

Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously when you say these things?

Running the offense through Dwight was what kept the team from getting swept, and was hardly the problem. The problem was we had our PG not being aggressive enough, and our PF and SG shooting below 37% from the field.

I can't believe you actually took the words that came out of Mark Jackson's mouth seriously

smile_svgsad.png

quote:

I'm hurt icon_frown.gif

Hey, if it's any consolation, I don't think you suck, and he's pretty much my alternate personality.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

I'm hurt icon_frown.gif

Hey, if it's any consolation, I don't think you suck, and he's pretty much my alternate personality.

I was being sarcastic but thanks anyway smile_cheers.gif