Sign in to follow this  
mont

why do we blame vince carter for the teams failure

is it necessary to blame somebody for the loss of a series, and if so is vince carter the easiest to blame? i realize that he had a bad showing against boston. it is not that he didnt try, he couldnt get his shot to fall. he drove often and without getting the calls he should have gotten, without his jumper falling, what else could he do? lets just say that in game 1, someone else would have shown up other than vince, and we would have won that game, then we would have been in a game 7 in orl. but nobody showed up and we lost. boston also made the best player in the league look human. kobe shot 40%, and look at his last game [6 for 24] so lets stop trying to blame individual players for a teams loss and hope that they can make the adjustments to get past boston or whoever. this team killed everbody up until boston, so we cant all of a sudden act like we are weak. we are not weak and we need a few pieces to tweak and we can win it.

is it necessary to blame somebody for the loss of a series, and if so is vince carter the easiest to blame? i realize that he had a bad showing against boston. it is not that he didnt try, he couldnt get his shot to fall. he drove often and without getting the calls he should have gotten, without his jumper falling, what else could he do? lets just say that in game 1, someone else would have shown up other than vince, and we would have won that game, then we would have been in a game 7 in orl. but nobody showed up and we lost. boston also made the best player in the league look human. kobe shot 40%, and look at his last game [6 for 24] so lets stop trying to blame individual players for a teams loss and hope that they can make the adjustments to get past boston or whoever. this team killed everbody up until boston, so we cant all of a sudden act like we are weak. we are not weak and we need a few pieces to tweak and we can win it.

Your new here so I'll just say it. Don't bother asking. The majority of the smarter posters here know that the blame doesnt all go squarely on his shoulders (he of course deserves his own good potion though). But most of the dumber ones continue to search for an easy scapegoat.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Whoa. A non joke post from Jareth. And one I completely agree with. I like this new side of you Jareth.

he was doing nothing on both sides of the court. couldn't guard paul pierce and couldn't guard ray allen. i do agree he wasn't getting some calls that he was supposed to but his jumper wasn't working either and he really wasn't passing the ball much. if he just stuck to making plays and passing the magic would've had a better shot at winning but for some odd reason he started playing like he did in january all over again and that just baffled me.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

Whoa. A non joke post from Jareth. And one I completely agree with. I like this new side of you Jareth.

smile_svgsad.png

088.gif

Nobody deserves all of the blame. But he deserves a ton of it. He's supposed to be our go to scorer, he was supposed to be the guy who put this team over the top and give us a dynamic scorer who can create his own shot. Instead, he was a shorter Hedo without the ability to get others involved and run the pick and roll. There is a lot of deserved frustration and criticism that Vince Carter deserves, he didn't live up to expectations.

quote:

quote:

quote:

smile_svgsad.png

088.gif

I take it you either declined to read the initial post, or Jareth's follow up.

quote:

quote:

smile_svgsad.png

smile_svgsad.png