Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Dwight is officially now Superman

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Superman = most boring superhero in existence.

There's a reason why, when Marvel made their own Superman equivalent, they also made him insane with paranoia and psychological disorders: because a hero with no weaknesses is boring as hell.

Who are you talking about? Because Marvel's most powerful dude is Thor ever since he took on the Odinforce.

The Sentry and The Void was/were written as a blatant critique of what would actually happen to a normal person with Superman's seemingly limitless power.

Everyone is ignoring the most important reason why the Superman premise is dumb. His alter ego is entirely dependant on a pair of freaking glasses to keep his secret safe. Any civilization that stupid doesn't deserve protection.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:

There's a reason why, when Marvel made their own Superman equivalent, they also made him insane with paranoia and psychological disorders: because a hero with no weaknesses is boring as hell.

Who are you talking about? Because Marvel's most powerful dude is Thor ever since he took on the Odinforce.

The Sentry and The Void was/were written as a blatant critique of what would actually happen to a normal person with Superman's seemingly limitless power.

Oh right didn't even think about him.

quote:

I wonder if superman ever heard about kryptonite

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

quote:

I see what you did there

quote:

quote:

Superman was created in 1932 and sold to DC comics in 1938. Kryptonite wasn't developed until years later and entered the comic first in november of 1949.

The writers needed to form some sort of weakness to make Superman interesting.

Someone who is invincible and 100% morally good is boring. There's no way to build him, no trials he couldn't overcome.

We have a Superman but we aren't gonna win it all unless we get a Batman to go with him. We already have a Robin in Redick. It's late...I'm saying stupid things for the hell of it.

quote:
Originally posted by jsrtreeson:

The Void is dead

Really? I haven't bought a comic since Secret Invasion was just ending, so I'm not sure how that would work, given what the Void was.

How can someone's split personality just die?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

Superman was created in 1932 and sold to DC comics in 1938. Kryptonite wasn't developed until years later and entered the comic first in november of 1949.

The writers needed to form some sort of weakness to make Superman interesting.

Someone who is invincible and 100% morally good is boring. There's no way to build him, no trials he couldn't overcome.

Batman with his kryptonite ring would kick his *** over and over. My favorite occurrences in comics was Superman getting handled.

Especially good is the scene in Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns."