Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Dwight is officially now Superman

quote:
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) and DC Comics announced today that it is collaborating with adidas, the official uniform and apparel provider for the NBA, to produce a Superman-inspired line of merchandise featuring the iconic DC Super Hero, Superman and NBA All-Star, Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic.

http://www.comicbookresources....age=article&id=26603

Shaq is going to go on a twitter rant when he found out about this.

quote:
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) and DC Comics announced today that it is collaborating with adidas, the official uniform and apparel provider for the NBA, to produce a Superman-inspired line of merchandise featuring the iconic DC Super Hero, Superman and NBA All-Star, Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic.

http://www.comicbookresources....age=article&id=26603

Shaq is going to go on a twitter rant when he found out about this.

There is a youtube video of Chris Bosh filming Dwight at the '08 slam dunk getting ready to do his Superman dunk...and I believe Bosh said something to the effect "he's about to make a lot of money with this..." I think Bosh's words are coming into fruition.

Though I think I prefer him being "Superman" because of the contest and not letting the persona overtake him. For I don't want him to be a "Venom" in a Superman persona.

They've been collaborating for a while. Dwight had superman shoes with the logo before. Plus the shirts we all got a while back with the logo and Howard at the games was an official collaboration.

Now this is just a new line of merchandise, he's been official with DC Comics for a bit now. Still cool stuff

Superman = most boring superhero in existence.

There's a reason why, when Marvel made their own Superman equivalent, they also made him insane with paranoia and psychological disorders: because a hero with no weaknesses is boring as hell.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Superman = most boring superhero in existence.

There's a reason why, when Marvel made their own Superman equivalent, they also made him insane with paranoia and psychological disorders: because a hero with no weaknesses is boring as hell.

Who are you talking about? Because Marvel's most powerful dude is Thor ever since he took on the Odinforce.