Shine88

Ferry to resign as Cavaliers GM

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Mmmmhhhhmmmm:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

Allow me to clarify. I think that Ferry is an absolute moron in how he has built the Cavs around LeBron. Instead of working to LeBron's strengths which is open court fast break basketball he has instead bogged him down in a half court offense which is completely counter intuitive to what he is good at as a basketball player.

Giving big contracts to players like Z and Mo Williams that do not help LeBRon at all show this. Making trades for a players like Shaq and Antwan Jamison who can't play defense and continue to bog down LeBron in a slow half court game, show it. Giving an energy player like Varejao an obscenely large contract show it when that money could have been better spent this year. And then refusing to bring in a proven playoff performer in Amare Stoudemire because the Suns wanted Varejao in the package and instead going with a career playoff choker in Jamison shows it in bright neon letters.

Long story short, Ferry is an idiot who doesn't know how to build a team. He is gifted with one of the best talents to play the game and instead of catering to those talents he decided to just grab what ever was on the market to try and make it look like he was doing something.

The Cavs never had the choice between Amare and Jamison. There was a trade on the table, but the Suns backed out of the trade so then the Cavs went out and got Jamison (a way better fit for the Cavs) for absolutely nothing...and i don't recall Phoenix ever wanting Varejao in that trade. If you could show me a link to an article, that would be nice.

How is Amare a proven playoff performer? Before the trade deadline, he's barely even been in the playoffs. I don't even remember Phoenix advancing very far the last few years with him on the roster.

Better question: How is Jamison a career playoff choker? He has always put up similar playoff numbers with his season numbers, and was one of the only players to show up in the consecutive seasons the Wizards got bounced by Cleveland.

Stoudemire has had some amazing playoff performances. In the series against the Spurs a few years ago, he was averaging like 35 points a game. Also, last year was the first time in a while that the Suns failed to make the playoffs. He has tons of playoff experience.

Jamison doesn't have as many experiences so it's hard to call him a choker. He definitely was a no show this year but KG had a lot to do with that.

But still, the Cavs didn't have a choice between the 2... But lets say they DID have a choice and pulled the trigger on Amare. The Cavs would of had to give up some valuable pieces just for a few month rental of Amare. That is pretty stupid and I would MUCH rather give up nothing at all and get better fit for the team.

The problem with Jamison this postseason was just that Mike Brown didn't know how to use him. He scored about 16 ppg getting no plays called for him. I wouldn't really call him a no show, and he is definitely not a choker. Hopefully the coaching change next year will change the way we use him.