Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

NBA Finals: Celtics VS Lakers

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

I just hope Dwight get's more touches next year.

Psshhhhh

Perkins is a happier man..

quote:
Originally posted by cpower:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

I just hope Dwight get's more touches next year.

Psshhhhh

Perkins is a happier man..

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Comin from a Kobe fan does anyone else agree that he's slowing down rather quickly? He's still amazing and leads that team. But really theres a big difference since he's hit 30. Stats are still great.

But I mean we ***** about Carter, 34, not driving, evn tho I agree he should more, but Kobe throws in about 3 drives the whole game. He is a better mid range shooter, but thats all he does. He just pulls up Js, and last year at least he would find that sweet spot, now he looks a step slower and throws up even more garbage shots.

could just be me.

You may be exaggerating a tad.. but I agree with you in principle. I didn't look at any stats or anything to back up what you're saying, but by the naked eye I think you're on to something.

When you have NBA TV, you have the opportunity to do two things: a. watch a lot of Lakers games and b. watch a lot of Cavs games (or whatever team LBJ is on next season). Through sheer boredom at times, I've watched way more Laker games than I have any business watching over the last few years.

Kobe's definitely getting "dinged up" more often.. he's always been a warrior and played through injuries, so to speak, but it seems like lately he's had much more nagging injuries to play through. He also seems to drive the ball and generally go to the free throw line WAY less often than he used to.

Basically he's becoming less efficient even if he takes less shots than 3-5 years ago, because he's getting less easy baskets and free throws.

I will say this about him though.. the Kobe Bryant from just a few seasons ago LOSES Game 7 by continuing to take bad shots for all 48 minutes. He still has moments where he loses faith in his teammates, but only this, somewhat more mature Kobe wins Game 7 by actually passing to his teammates in the fourth quarter and passing out of double teams instead of trying to beat them.

So while he may be losing half a step, he's making up for it by being a better playmaker as he gets older.

All that said, without a dominant big man like Pau Gasol or Shaq, Kobe WOULD be Vince Carter.. never better than the 2nd round. Maybe Western Conference Finals, if he was lucky.

I like the way you think ha.

And thats very depressing to think about I never like to think about What ifs. And What If Vince had Shaq. What If Vince didnt lose his interest in winning like 5 years after college.

This might be going too far. I apoligize. But I wouldnt even say Kobe would be Vince. I watched Kobe on that Laker team that couldnt even make the playoffs. Kobe is a little less show than Vince but a better player and obviously determination. But that season I saw just him get his stats and get out. If you catch what Im sayin. Like I loved watching Kobe play in his prime, but definently if I had to watch a losing team with Kobe or Vince on it I'd want Vince in a heartbeat.

Idk I hate thinking about it. I can easily see Kobe being drafted by a team like Golden State and not having the same killer instinct. He did come straight outa high school (not like that means a ton) but you come in and adapt to the NBA right away.

I still think Kobe is the best thing since Jordan. Just think a Vince or Tmac in his position with Shaq woulda been something to see.