Sign in to follow this  
Chase

We have the BEST FANS! but sometimes....

Chase, I guess the guy behind me must be a really bad fan. He is at every game and he leaves early at almost every night game, including last night. And has been doing it for years. At least for five years of the 20 years that I have had season tickets.

What kind of a fan would leave early just so he could open his shop at 4 in the morning? What kind of fan would drive 25 miles each way knowing that he is going to have to leave before the issue is decided? That is just plain disgusting.

Perhaps the Magic should do a mental evaluation of season ticket holders to eliminate people like him. We don't want to have people there who are dedicated to their work or want to make sure their kids don't sleep through their morning classes.

As for me, I am now a retired old guy who has the luxury of sleeping in every day. But my wife has to be up at 5:30 to go to work. I asked her if she wanted to go when the game was assured, a few minutes before the end of the game. She said she wanted to stay, so we did.

But I would have had no shame if she had said she wanted to go because she wanted to beat the traffic in this game while we were blowing the Celtics out. Doing that can provide and additional 30 minutes of sleep.

And you, my friend, have the right to question the loyalty, love of the game, etc. of other fans because we live in America, and you have the right to be a POMPOUS ANAL ORIFICE if you wish.

If staying to the end of the game to cheer the winners is your is your thing, then do so. I am guessing that you also stay to the end in the games when we lose by a bunch, so you can cheer the guys, saying "That's okay. I still love you."

So my advice to you, be the best fan you can, but don't make a post asserting that you are somehow better fan than someone else simply because they don't follow YOUR rules.

Also so embarrassing that half the arena cheers (usually loudly) after a player makes a shot well after a dead ball whistle.. I'd say 60% of our "fans" don't even know the basic rules.

Yeah the game's in the middle of the week and some people have to work for a living and kids need to get to school. We worry about the wrong things at times. Be glad they even came to support with such a late start.

I have commented on this before. I agree with Chase and Dragons..

The little drums just keep people from using their mouths and hands.

"WE WILL ROCK YOU" is such a crappy song to start off with. Who gets pumped up from that???

I was at Game 7 of the ECF in 1995. We stood the entire game. Its not like that anymore. Everyone is sucking down fried chicken baskets and pan pizzas now.

Last night was OK.. but really weak considering the situation. Epic comeback.. possible last game at the O-rena. I just wasnt impressed.

Dragons.. we do cheer after dead ball makes.. all the time.

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

IDK whats worst. You beign stubborn or if you'r right knowing that were letting all those BOSTON FANS takeing our seats..... Think about it

Did you know that there is a required allotment of tickets that a team has to make available to the opposing team during the playoffs?

Did you know that Florida in general, and Orlando in particular, is full of snow birds?

Did you know that you were wrong in your original post, and that L4TW pointed that out, going so far as to tell you about another MoD and Magic blogger that was at the game, and his personal experience, and yet instead of saying "Oh, I guess those were mostly Boston fans I saw walking out as their team limped up and down the court. My bad.", you continue to try and twist your way into "being right".

You were wrong, you jumped the gun and blasted the fan base for no reason. Funny thing is, this isn't the first time someone has blasted the fans for this same reason this season, and been off base for the same reason as well.

Oh, and if you don't like the noise makers and want people to yell instead, you should talk to the organization, not berate the fans that are simply using the "toys" that the team gives them.

Personally, I like the rally rackets. Why? It always seems like I had a Celtic or Cavs fan in front of me in the playoffs last year, and while I could focus on the game and heckling, yelling, etc., I could bang the ever loving crap out of that thing right behind the head of those fans. They HATED it.

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

Chase, I guess the guy behind me must be a really bad fan. He is at every game and he leaves early at almost every night game, including last night. And has been doing it for years. At least for five years of the 20 years that I have had season tickets.

What kind of a fan would leave early just so he could open his shop at 4 in the morning? What kind of fan would drive 25 miles each way knowing that he is going to have to leave before the issue is decided? That is just plain disgusting.

Perhaps the Magic should do a mental evaluation of season ticket holders to eliminate people like him. We don't want to have people there who are dedicated to their work or want to make sure their kids don't sleep through their morning classes.

As for me, I am now a retired old guy who has the luxury of sleeping in every day. But my wife has to be up at 5:30 to go to work. I asked her if she wanted to go when the game was assured, a few minutes before the end of the game. She said she wanted to stay, so we did.

But I would have had no shame if she had said she wanted to go because she wanted to beat the traffic in this game while we were blowing the Celtics out. Doing that can provide and additional 30 minutes of sleep.

And you, my friend, have the right to question the loyalty, love of the game, etc. of other fans because we live in America, and you have the right to be a POMPOUS ANAL ORIFICE if you wish.

If staying to the end of the game to cheer the winners is your is your thing, then do so. I am guessing that you also stay to the end in the games when we lose by a bunch, so you can cheer the guys, saying "That's okay. I still love you."

So my advice to you, be the best fan you can, but don't make a post asserting that you are somehow better fan than someone else simply because they don't follow YOUR rules.

Where did I say I was a better fan? You took this way out of contex. Ya that sucks people have to get up at 5:30 but guess what! I get up at 6! 30 mins later, whoppide doo. If it was a regular season game then I wouldn't give 2 ****s, BUT ITS THE PLAYOFFS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Like I said who knows if there will be a game 7? That could have been people's LAST CHANCE to stay at the Amway. IF all this is not worth staying for just becuase you will be tired the next morning Im sorry just doesen't cut it.

Im sorry if I offended anybody. No Magic Fans are not the Worst. (No were near the worst) IT just upsets me sometimes to not see people go 100% for this team. Im SORRY if I hurt anybody's feelings.

GO MAGIC!

quote:
Originally posted by anish_vince:

u really think the Magic fans mostly at Amway are the BEST??? LOOOL... to me most are a bunch of old asses that cant back their team...

A lot of us old asses have been in our seats backing the team for a lot of years, including the bad years, when a lot of the bandwagon fans on here now were still playing with their Hot Wheels.