Sign in to follow this  
Die Mannschaft

This is where we give up our Orlando Magic loyalty..

I sat through 3 - 0 Indiana in 1994

I sat through 4 - 0 Houston in 1995

I sat through 4 - 0 Chicago in 1996

I sat through 3 - 1 Philadelphia in 1999

I sat through 3 - 0 Milwaukee in 2001

I sat through 3 - 1 Detroit, then Detroit winning 4 - 3 in 2003

I sat through 21 - 61 in 2004

I sat through 12 - 6 then finishing 36 - 46 in 2005

I sat through 4 - 0 Detroit in 2007

I sat through 4 - 1 Detroit in 2008

I sat through 4 - 1 Lakers in 2009

I will be back again next season and sit through anything that Magic go through because I am a fan of this team, my home team. Go Magic!!

I'll be with this team till there is no longer a team in Orlando to support, no matter who is on it and no matter who it is. I went through one of the worst seasons in Magic basketball so a bad ending to a good season isn't going to turn me away.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

I'll be with this team till there is no longer a team in Orlando to support, no matter who is on it and no matter who it is. I went through one of the worst seasons in Magic basketball so a bad ending to a good season isn't going to turn me away.

This

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

LOL, I'm not gonna quit like an idiot bandwagon fan! Yeah it's been painful to watch this series but this year is NOT win or bust for this team. We'll be there next year, and the year after, and the year after, and the year after, and Im gonna stick around and be here when they DO win it all. The longer your team loses, the sweeter it is when they actually prevail.

I really wanted a title this year, it was the perfect chance. We're going to have a lot more competition next year. Even for the division, Miami is likely going to become a powerhouse when they re-sign Wade and add someone like Bosh, Amare, or Boozer. Meanwhile, the 2nd best player to Dwight is an aging Vince Carter who is losing it. Otis needs to make some changes, we need a younger star other than Dwight.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Go to the light...embrace communism...wat kinda over dramatic bs is this? I thought this was a b-ball mb, not an oprah forum...

sweet jesus, it is the end...i agree and like your post. i need a shower...

The window for winning an NBA championship is such a minute one. I thought we had our best chance this year. I trusted in Otis, in Stan, in Dwight, and I believed that Vince would prove his long-time doubters wrong.

Instead, we got exposed as a collection of offensively-challenged jump-shooters with no heart. We got punched in the mouth and didn't respond. Vince is exactly what everyone said he was: a choker who can't produce when a team needs him the most.

Even Rashard, who last year bailed us out of countless games with his clutch shooting, let me down. Stan's rotations simply didn't work. Dwight's failure to take his offensive game seriously led to a huge collapse.

All that said, I still love this team and franchise. Always have, always will. I was hurt when Nick Anderson missed those free throws, I was disappointed when Detroit kept knocking us out of the playoffs, but I don't know that I've ever been so angry and humiliated by such a poor performance. I hope Otis does everything he can to get us back on track next season, but I don't know who would take any of our underperforming millionaires in a trade.

I have lived in Orlando for about 18 years and a fan of the home team since day 1. Obviously the magic have not won a championship, however I remain a fan.

1. Dwight is still a little immature and is more concerned on the "Celebrity" than improving his basketball game. I follow him on twitter and he is more concerned with promoting his movie or trying to promote gatorade or some other company. I have not seen the movie but I'm guessing he has a cameo in it and not a main role so leave the promoting to the movie company or Common and/or Queen Latifah. I love the guy but there has been no improvement in his game. Maybe this off-season stay here in Orlando and work on your game instead of shooting commercials in Japan or helping teens in Africa improve their game.

2. Rashard lewis had a great run last season in the playoffs however 12 or so million a year he gets paid has not shown in his performance. Rashard lewis thank you for all you've done but you gotta go.

3. Vince carter had some good games however I'm not sure why he was thought to be the old Vince where he jumped over 7 footers and made great posters for the Nba for years to come. Vince needs to retire.

4. Jameer where did you go after having 30 point games during the first 2 rounds? He is liked by the fans but is far from a Darrell armstrong here in town. We'll give you another shot next year.

5. Brandon Bass & Ryan Anderson, you did not receive much PT. I actually like Brandon's game just wish he got more time in the game.

6. Matt Barnes, Pietrus..where did you go? You disappeared against the Celtics. Barnes that was a bad foul against KG, the Orlando Magic is an organization that does not tolerate play like that.

7. Jason williams I loved you on the kings when you brought some street ball to the Nba..you just don't have it any more. How do you let Rondo dive to get the ball, get up and easily score around you? It's a good time for you to retire.

We need some more slashers and rebounders. Watching the Celtics series you see that Dwight takes a shot and as soon as the ball is released from his hands the other four players standing around the 3 point line scatter like roaches when the light turns on.

Van Gundy is a like-able guy however I don't feel he is getting the respect from the team which in turn isn't getting the best out of them. He tries to talk to them and they don't listen, they try talking to him walking towards the bench and his head is in his lap...no chemistry there. With the way teams are dropping coaches I'm not sure if he will be here next year.

I'm hoping the magic come back next year with players that want to play. Go Magic 2010-2011

I agree with "whats wrong". Totally how I feel.

1. Did you know Dwight has said he'll probably skip the International games to make a movie? If your going to skip it for something, its to work harder then ever on your game. Questions of wanting to be legit champion are starting to arise because of this.

2. Yeah Shard's play has been nonexistence. Effort alone is non existence. If I was Devos, I'd think about buying him out. Yeah, expensive but its time to move on.

3. Agree again. VC needs to give it up and get into things that he has real passion about. Basketball isn't it.

4. I don't know if Meer needs another shot. I guess we have too by design but I feel hes better off the bench.

5. Bass needs PT. Period.

6. Totally agree about JWilliams. Time to REretire. Get some heart in there.

I think Stan is a great coach and my belief is, we should bring in players that fit the coach. Not the other way around. Look at Phil Jackson. They get players that fit his system. We need to do the same. No heart? No urgency? Can't take a little toughness? SEE YA.

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

I am not giving up on the magic, but the magic gave up on their fans. Live by the 3 die by the 3.

oh my god my head

quote:
Originally posted by CubanMagic89:

Point Blank. I will never give up on this team. Ever. They are my team forever. Through thick and thin.

THIS

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

I sat through 3 - 0 Indiana in 1994

I sat through 4 - 0 Houston in 1995

I sat through 4 - 0 Chicago in 1996

I sat through 3 - 1 Philadelphia in 1999

I sat through 3 - 0 Milwaukee in 2001

I sat through 3 - 1 Detroit, then Detroit winning 4 - 3 in 2003

I sat through 21 - 61 in 2004

I sat through 12 - 6 then finishing 36 - 46 in 2005

I sat through 4 - 0 Detroit in 2007

I sat through 4 - 1 Detroit in 2008

I sat through 4 - 1 Lakers in 2009

I will be back again next season and sit through anything that Magic go through because I am a fan of this team, my home team. Go Magic!!

oh hell yeah

im with you on that