Sign in to follow this  
God hates Magic fans

These long layoffs.....good or bad?

after the last game is another 3 full days off good or bad for us?

does it allow svg to formulate a better gameplan?

does it let jameer and lew find holes on tape to exploit?

or does it further help bostons old legs?

game 3 is the defining moment of this team, and of vince carters career, we'll see what they are made of

after the last game is another 3 full days off good or bad for us?

does it allow svg to formulate a better gameplan?

does it let jameer and lew find holes on tape to exploit?

or does it further help bostons old legs?

game 3 is the defining moment of this team, and of vince carters career, we'll see what they are made of

I would normally think they are bad simply because it throws the team off, but in this case because we have not been playing good enough basketball to beat the Celtics I believe it is a good layoff. As you mentioned it will give us time as a team to recover, learn from our mistakes in the first two games by watching tape and practicing and hopefully the players get to realize how big it is what they are playing for.

Keep Believing!

When I first saw the schedule, before Game 1, I was upset by the huge gap between Games 2 and 3. I thought this would favor Boston because they are the older team and could use the rest. Of course, I also expected that we'd have won a game or 2 by now.

But now I'm actually glad that we have the long layoff because it gives SVG and his staff time to totally regroup and reassess how they are going to match up with Boston. It is one of the few things that is still giving me hope.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

When I first saw the schedule, before Game 1, I was upset by the huge gap between Games 2 and 3. I thought this would favor Boston because they are the older team and could use the rest. Of course, I also expected that we'd have won a game or 2 by now.

But now I'm actually glad that we have the long layoff because it gives SVG and his staff time to totally regroup and reassess how they are going to match up with Boston. It is one of the few things that is still giving me hope.

It is one of the few things that is still giving me hope<

^^ this... or at least prolonging the agony.

It's good for 2 reasons. One, gives our team time to regroup and figure things out. Two, it prolongs the season. If we lose this series, I got no sports until September.