Sign in to follow this  
Natesroom

Updated: Old Magic Logo Designer COmes to Orlando with C.Lee and Dooling

I was talking to a guy today for a project i'm doing for Lake Mary High School.. Anyways as we were talking about design and logos, he mentioned he had designed over 10 NBA logos, Athletic Gear, Warmups etc, etc over his 35 year career.

So i asked him to list a few and He did the original magic logo, and the original Uniforms with pinstripes and the star on the side.. he also did the current Atlanta Hawks Logo too plus hundreds of others... Wow it was cool talking to him. Anyway he sent me a cut sheet promo of his designs that he sends out to prospective customers.. If anyone wants to see it i'll post it if ppl ask for it.

I was talking to a guy today for a project i'm doing for Lake Mary High School.. Anyways as we were talking about design and logos, he mentioned he had designed over 10 NBA logos, Athletic Gear, Warmups etc, etc over his 35 year career.

So i asked him to list a few and He did the original magic logo, and the original Uniforms with pinstripes and the star on the side.. he also did the current Atlanta Hawks Logo too plus hundreds of others... Wow it was cool talking to him. Anyway he sent me a cut sheet promo of his designs that he sends out to prospective customers.. If anyone wants to see it i'll post it if ppl ask for it.

I just got back from the big shindig LMHS had for their new logo and they had Courtney Lee and Keyon Dooling Signing autographs... I got to hang out for a few hours with them and John St CLair of the clevland browns... It was very cool and awesome.

I asked Dooling if he had any plans for next season and he said no... i said Magic have the BI-Annual Exception... and he replied "I know right... maybe i should call" I laughed..

I also got to meet his wife and his 4 kids. it was alot of fun!

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Ya bro. Say you're gonna post something, then just tell us about your life! Awesome broski!

lets not beat around the bush here.. this guy clearly lives a rock star lifestyle.. with only one goal... to get radical.

yeah i'm not sure what his point was... It was an interesting nugget of info that happened to me that i wanted to share. First, because i like hearing of other peoples personal experiances. Secondly, i enjoy hearing about anything magic related so i assumed others did to.

I enjoy reading about LOD experiences and i Enjoy reading about anybody else on this board that takes the time to actually bring something postive to this board other then making jokes or wisecracks about someones thread.

here is the "promised" link to some of the logo work this guy has done..

http://i36.photobucket.com/alb...Brochure-Sports1.jpg