Sign in to follow this  
zollman1

Mike and Mike in the Morning - Dick Vitale thinks this is Orlando's year

Was listening to Mike and Mike on XM this morning for the first time, and they had Dick Vitale on... he was talking about how he think's this is the Magic's year and the two main reasons why is a healthy Jameer Nelson and the addition of Vince Carter.. One of the Mike's wasn't so sure, and is thinking we might have issues in the ECF bc we haven't played anybody yet.. there was more to it that just that, but just wanted to pass it along..

I know it is just another talking head's opinion, but it is good to read and hear good things about the Magic this morning after the second sweep of the post-season.

Its been hard to get REALLY excited thus far b/c of our domination and lack of any real close games.. but now that we are sitting here waiting on Boston or Cleveland... The ECF excitement is starting to build, and I cannot wait to see our Magic UNLEASH the FURY on a formidable opponent.

LETS GO MAGIC!!!

Was listening to Mike and Mike on XM this morning for the first time, and they had Dick Vitale on... he was talking about how he think's this is the Magic's year and the two main reasons why is a healthy Jameer Nelson and the addition of Vince Carter.. One of the Mike's wasn't so sure, and is thinking we might have issues in the ECF bc we haven't played anybody yet.. there was more to it that just that, but just wanted to pass it along..

I know it is just another talking head's opinion, but it is good to read and hear good things about the Magic this morning after the second sweep of the post-season.

Its been hard to get REALLY excited thus far b/c of our domination and lack of any real close games.. but now that we are sitting here waiting on Boston or Cleveland... The ECF excitement is starting to build, and I cannot wait to see our Magic UNLEASH the FURY on a formidable opponent.

LETS GO MAGIC!!!

I usually listen to Mike and Mike on my drive to work. I listened this morning but didn't hear this interview.

In general, neither of the Mikes know much about basketball and rarely seem to discuss it. They are much more interested in football, baseball, and little anecdotal stories they think their listeners want to hear.

My point is, I wouldn't put any stock in anything either one of them have to say about the Magic.

Oh, and that goes triple for Dick Vitale. He probably thought he was on the phone telling his mom "happy mother's day."

Yeah, it's unfortunate because I love Mike & Mike and they're fantastic when it comes to football, but they go through token coverage of b-ball in general.

I just wait for First Take after them on ESPN 2 as far as b-ball's concerned.

i never thought vitale would care less for the magic, some of our current and one recent past starters didn't go the college route, dwight, shard, hedo the goat, peitrus.. to which euro ball could be considered college ball in some circles.

wasn't he one of the voices that said that we should have taken emeka instead of dwight?

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

i never thought vitale would care less for the magic, some of our current and one recent past starters didn't go the college route, dwight, shard, hedo the goat, peitrus.. to which euro ball could be considered college ball in some circles.

wasn't he one of the voices that said that we should have taken emeka instead of dwight?

He was absolutely in love with Duke and Redick during his four years there. That was probably enough to make him pick Orlando lol.

Actually Mike and Mike did a good job early in the show crediting the Magic for a good win. I was really surprised. Greenie can talk basketball but is often overshadowed by Golick who knows absolutely nothing about basketball.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

Dicky V lost a lot of cred in that draft. He didn't just offer an opinion, he went on long winded emotional rants about how stupid the Magic were for drafting Dwight over Okafor & how stupid Phily was for drafting Iguadala over Luke Jackson...