Sign in to follow this  
MilitaryMagic

SHOCKING: Grant Hill benched for tonight's game!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Trust me on this guys, Brian Schmitz is "not" a Magic Insider.

I can promise you that when Otis and company make decisions it is done totally in house.

Schmitz can make suggestions all he wants and in this case I'm glad Otis, Brian and company took it. But honestly, management could care less what he thinks.

Just a thought in response to Junkie's observation....this is strictly my opinion, but I bet with most NBA franchises, the beat reporters are "tolerated" versus accepted as part of the process of exchanging information. I am sure that there are a handful of beat writers respected enough, I'm just not sure the Sentinel has any on staff. Povtak would be the closest one.

Brian Hill finally steps up and benches Grant Hill. Don't forget, the coach decides who he benches. Sometimes its the General Managers decision but its most of the time its for Brian Hill to decide.

From today's Sentinel:

quote:
Hill had a rough outing against the Bulls in his return after a three-game absence because of a left-foot injury. He came off the bench, finishing with just seven points on 0-for-5 shooting in nearly 28 minutes.

"I'd thought we'd get more of an impact [from Hill], but that's a tough one to evaluate when a guy's coming off a foot injury like that," Coach Brian Hill said. "You never know what to expect when he has to move and push off and everything else."

Grant Hill said he felt "fine physically," but indicated this might not be his last time coming off the bench after making 45 starts this season, depending on Turkoglu's situation. "I'll get better at this [coming in as a reserve],'' he said. "I'll be better the next time. I thought I moved OK, and I felt good. It's still basketball, and once you're out there, it's the same."