Sign in to follow this  
MilitaryMagic

SHOCKING: Grant Hill benched for tonight's game!

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I'm surprised that Grant seems unhappy with the situation. When the heck did he earn the right to put himself in the starting lineup? He hasn't been healthy in seven years. IMO, that makes him a prime candidate to come off the bench and he needs to accept that role.

I'm shocked by that. I thought for sure that Grant would be the kind of guy that would do what is best for the team no questions asked. If Antwan Jamison and Jerry Stackhouse can become 6th men why is it so different for Grant? Jamison was in his prime when he did it! That really messes with my perception of Grant.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by Scarred for Life:

Who cares who starts or doesnt as long as we win. I could care less if it was grant or keith. personally i think that grant is the better player.

Of course Grant is the better player; but, Keith's game meshes better with the starting 5. Grant's game is better suited off the bench for this team and we'll see how it works out tonight.

This development totally bunks my BOLD PREDICTIONS from the fan's game thread, but that's a **** good thing.

I think this is the kind of change that can rejuvinate a team - now the starting 5 no longer looks over its shoulder for Grant to come back and the bench squad has got to be looking forward to having Grants talent out on the floor with them. Arroyo will finally have someone to pass to! lol

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by Scarred for Life:

Who cares who starts or doesnt as long as we win. I could care less if it was grant or keith. personally i think that grant is the better player.

Of course Grant is the better player; but, Keith's game meshes better with the starting 5. Grant's game is better suited off the bench for this team and we'll see how it works out tonight.

This development totally bunks my BOLD PREDICTIONS from the fan's game thread, but that's a **** good thing.

I think this is the kind of change that can rejuvinate a team - now the starting 5 no longer looks over its shoulder for Grant to come back and the bench squad has got to be looking forward to having Grants talent out on the floor with them. Arroyo will finally have someone to pass to! lol

Correction: Arroyo ALWAYS has someone to pass it to, but never passes...LOL.

This was just a joke. Please do not turn this into another "BASHING OF THE GUARDS" thread.

As far as Coach, let's just be happy that he actually made a sound coaching decision.. now the question is, how long will it last?

Look, playing Grant Hill for less minutes but having him play every single game is MUCH better for the team than having him play 30-35 minutes one out of every two or three games.

Who knows, maybe this team's minutes will fall into an actual game in game out rhythm and this team can gell?

Call me crazy.

Now maybe I'm getting a little greedy, but I wish there was a way to get both Ariza and Hedo in the starting lineup together while bringing Hill and Bogans off the bench....

3 things i wanna say..

1. don't look too much into this "grant not being happy" thing... i'm sure none of you would be happy if you'd just gotten benched... i'm cool with him as long as he doesn't start *****ing about it (which it doesn't seem he did).. also, remember how journalists seem to be twisting everything they see/hear/feel? etc...

2. i don't think it was BHill's decision..sounds more like otis'.. so i still don't give much credit to B Hill.... something else i found interesting, this change was made right after a shmitz blog saying that hill should come off the bench.... i wonder if management listens to what shmitz says....

3. i think we should all raise some money to buy a couple of PDA's to both otis and BHill that can only access this board.....they can check what we're saying during games to make their decisions.... because apparently, we know what's best for the team months before they do.... we could become a very valuable commodity....

If only Ariza hadn't been injured we would probably have a starting lineup of

Jameer

Ariza

Hedo

Darko

Dwight

It's way too obvious that the only reason that we now see Darko in the starting lineup and Grant removed from it is because injuries necessitated the changes. Those two decisions should have been made much earlier in the season without the injury bug forcing Brian HIll to do what makes the most sense.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

If only Ariza hadn't been injured we would probably have a starting lineup of

Jameer

Ariza

Hedo

Darko

Dwight

It's way too obvious that the only reason that we now see Darko in the starting lineup and Grant removed from it is because injuries necessitated the changes. Those two decisions should have been made much earlier in the season without the injury bug forcing Brian HIll to do what makes the most sense.

Gah, I hate that kind of logic! You can't just demote someone because someone else has potential to do better. You have to give your players confidence that they won't get yanked off stage just for botching a few lines. Grant AND Battie both never did anything on the court to warrant being removed from the starting lineup. But injuries definitely do warrant changes.

I'm not saying anyone in particular made this statement in the past, but general sentiment two weeks ago was that ariza needed to replace turk in the starting lineup, not Grant Hill.

Anyhow, DEFINITELY like that starting 5 though. With turk hitting his shots and nelson still being solid from 3 point land, it wouldn't hurt us much to have Ariza at the two. Grant never makes 3's anyway, so I LIKE IT!

Trust me on this guys, Brian Schmitz is "not" a Magic Insider.

I can promise you that when Otis and company make decisions it is done totally in house.

Schmitz can make suggestions all he wants and in this case I'm glad Otis, Brian and company took it. But honestly, management could care less what he thinks.

You can bet Otis has been in Brian Hill's ear. As most of you know Otis is a very hands on GM. He accompanies the team on roadtrips cause he likes to keep his hand on the pulse of the team.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicPhan732:

Grant not thrill with the decision? What a great team player, someone who is always in and out of the line up; for 7 FREAKING years, nice classy guy Grant is....!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh give it a break. What NBA player likes the idea of being benched? Grant is a class act. Still, the truth is his time as starter here is just about past - at least it should be. He will adjust.

I actually would like it if it was Otis' decision. It would show he has alot more power than alot of us gave him credit for. Bhill will never be my favorite but if Otis can hold him to some accountability and force his hand in regard to rotations I could actually live with him continuing with the magic.

I've always liked G.Hill but when it's time to change for the better...I agree with this one.

Maybe it's time to pass the torch...but keep our team in tack and see how this will work next year...If he comes back.

Cue Tenacious D:

"It's time to pass the torch.

You're too old to rock

No more rockin' for you!

We're takin' you to a home,

But we will sing a song about you.

And we will make sure that you're very well taken care of

If you'll tell us the secrets that you've learned..."