Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Denton Defends His MVP Vote Update: Fires Back at Critics (Including Simmons)

While I think Denton's first place vote is wrong, its pretty sad that Dwight still doesn't get any respect nationally. He shouldn't be first in mvp voting this year, but he should at least be in the conversation. And lets just be honest here, 4th place in voting is not in the MVP conversation.

We really do hate LeBron hahahahahah

" Dwight Howard finished a distant fourth, receiving three first-place votes

I probably hate LeBron the most out of everyone here (although I'm sure everyone makes that claim lol), but even I would've voted like this:

1. James

2. Howard

3. Durant

4. Oden

5. Farmar

I really don't understand what you guys are talkin about. I mean, I like Dwight as much as the next guy but he did not put up a top 3 MVP season. Yeah, his defense was great and deserving of the DPY, but I don't see why you guys think he should move up in his MVP rank this year when he had a arguably better season last year (better offensive season obviously). I know we made roster changed and got better players so we don't need as much of a production from him on that side of the ball, and I know he gets double / triple teamed when he has the ball in his hands so its very difficult to score, but I just don't see how someone could have Dwight in the top 3 when you have LBJ, Durant, Kobe, Carmelo, and Wades that have probably done more for their respected teams. Right now Dwight is putting up Mutumbo numbers, but with a little more scoring and less shots blocked, which is good, but not "great".

Anyway, here's my MVP list.

1) James

2) Durant

3) Kobe

4) Wade

5) Howard

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I probably hate LeBron the most out of everyone here (although I'm sure everyone makes that claim lol), but even I would've voted like this:

1. James

2. Howard

3. Durant

4. Oden

5. Farmar

You are very misinformed. Shannon Brown says what's up.

quote:
Originally posted by Mickinator:

I really don't understand what you guys are talkin about. I mean, I like Dwight as much as the next guy but he did not put up a top 3 MVP season. Yeah, his defense was great and deserving of the DPY, but I don't see why you guys think he should move up in his MVP rank this year when he had a arguably better season last year (better offensive season obviously). I know we made roster changed and got better players so we don't need as much of a production from him on that side of the ball, and I know he gets double / triple teamed when he has the ball in his hands so its very difficult to score, but I just don't see how someone could have Dwight in the top 3 when you have LBJ, Durant, Kobe, Carmelo, and Wades that have probably done more for their respected teams. Right now Dwight is putting up Mutumbo numbers, but with a little more scoring and less shots blocked, which is good, but not "great".

Anyway, here's my MVP list.

1) James

2) Durant

3) Kobe

4) Wade

5) Howard

I think you mean much better rebound, much higher scoring (besides Dikembe's rookie year when he averaged 16.6, he never went over 14), and close to the same blocks. Why do I say that? Because although it's hard to prove it, I honestly believe Howard would average more blocks without the 3second rule.

Either way, Howard's presence alone in the offensive end, while DOMINATING the defensive end, puts him up above Kobe, Wade, and Durant.

Not enough to put him above LeBron, though.