quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Its just zo:

quote:

The fact that the chatroom is full is very disappointing. The bandwagon extends to the internet, I guess. Get home in time specifically to try and join to no avail.

smile_svgsad.png

maybe you could join chat 2, 3 or 4 and talk to yourself

Case and point...

No, I could not, because chats 2, 3 and 4 are useless. There can only be 20 people combined between the 4.

I was referring to your bandwagon comment and the convenient response that would follow.

I tried to join the chat at around 7:45 and that thing was full.

Very disappointing.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Its just zo:

quote:

The fact that the chatroom is full is very disappointing. The bandwagon extends to the internet, I guess. Get home in time specifically to try and join to no avail.

smile_svgsad.png

maybe you could join chat 2, 3 or 4 and talk to yourself

Case and point...

No, I could not, because chats 2, 3 and 4 are useless. There can only be 20 people combined between the 4.

I was referring to your bandwagon comment and the convenient response that would follow.

I tried to join the chat at around 7:45 and that thing was full.

Very disappointing.

Oh, my bad. I'm a little edgy.

Yes, very disappointing. I almost went with "incredibly disappointing", but that seemed rather melodramatic.

I was at Houligans tonight watching this and F*KING LOVING IT! That was a complete game in every essence of the phrase. Too bad the Hawks showed no heart and couldn't even make it respectable. I thought it was the golden rule in the NBA: when you're down by a lot, if you take it to the hole you will get the benefit of the call. Instead they just settled on some low percentage jump shots. If that was the coach's plan he should be fired.

But anyways, what a great game! Dwight came out there with a purpose and kept his head on his shoulders enough to stay out of foul trouble. Pietrus surprised me with his play considering he sprained his ankle a short while ago. JJ was money...so was Jameer and VC (second half). Rashard only had 9 but he didn't need to do a lot with everyone else stepping up big time.

No criticisms from me tonights....truly a complete game.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

To many old people in the stands, when we get the younger fans in the building its really loud, but tonight......to many bluehairs

This is likely to get worse in the new arena...with prices going up, it will cater even more to the older crowd.

Hey I resent that! Just because someone is older than the 20 somethings doesn't mean they don't have enthusiasm for the game. We show it more conservatively. I may be gray headed but I cover it very well. And the last time I looked the seniors chuck a lot of money into the economy in Orlando which I'm sure some where along the way will find its way into the pot to pay for upkeep of the new arena and help keep high caliber players in Orlando. LOL!

By the way I'm looking to retire in Orlando in a few years and could use a tax break so I'll consider adopting some of you younglings! LOL!

On another note, it was an absolute pleasure watching Dwight last night. Kudos to the referees who called a very different game! From my viewpoint it was fairly called, although I'm not sure Dwight should have been called for the foul in which Josh Smith ran into his elbow but one versus six is much better for Dwight.

Maybe this is a stupid question...but why would the Hawks take their starters out with a quarter left to play? Sure, we had built a seemingly insurmountable lead...but taking out your starters is the equivalent of conceding a game in a playoff series. I would think you would fight to the end. I think laying down sends a bad message to your team.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

Maybe this is a stupid question...but why would the Hawks take their starters out with a quarter left to play? Sure, we had built a seemingly insurmountable lead...but taking out your starters is the equivalent of conceding a game in a playoff series. I would think you would fight to the end. I think laying down sends a bad message to your team.

I personally thought hey leave them in and try to build just a little confidence going into the next game. See if someone can get going or get a groove or a nice run. I think he was trying in the 3rd quarter and it was just awful. He sure let Joe Crawford play the whole 4th though.

That place was rocking guys....never pay attention to the TV's sound, it was EXTREMELY loud. I lost my voice and I heckled ZaZa fairly well throughout the 3rd quarter and I think almost got him T'ed up in the late 3rd due to me frustrating him. During that run through the 2nd-3rd it was the loudest for sure.

My six cents:

- Dwight is BAAAACK!. Finally...a foul-free, dunking aggresive monster like he really is. Even though he hesitated to make contact with Josh Smith in the 1st when he was driving to the paint for easy baskets, he stepped up his D from the 2nd quarter. His 50% FTs is an improvement over his lousy first round percentages. First double-double, first time being a factor in offense, first time with no foul trouble. First Dwight's game.

- Fear the Jameer. He continues to be amazing in this postseason. Why does everybody keep talking about Rondo and Deron and not mention his freakish play as of late?

- VC, getting to the line, difficult jump shots, even a 2000's reminiscent throwdown. He carried on from the 4th game of the Kitties series.

- Sweet Lew did good in what he was needed. The same for Barnes.

- Tremendous overall game by the bench. Gortat was back being the "Polish Hammer" of 09. JJ showed that his regular season is no fluke. Peaches is sometimes the heart of that group. RA contributed with a lot of hustle (good to see that from him), and Bass, AJ and JWill were sharp too.

- The Pigeons. We killed them. We should continue this in the next game. Focus is the most important things now.

ON TO VICTORY, MAGIC!

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

My six cents:

Take your six cents and fix your avatar, please. Both the link and the size, you are killing my screen at work.

Not sure if this has come up in any other threads so I'll just ask it here, but what's the worst a team has ever been beaten in the playoffs? I know that we beat the Celtics by 47 back in 1995, but has anyone ever given a bigger beating, not to mention, in the second round?