Sign in to follow this  
Malachi

Cavs vs Celtics

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

To me, the bench will be the deciding factor...Glen Davis, Tony Allen. and Rasheed Wallace can't compare to Andy, Delonte, and Z...

Not to mention Jamario and JJ if they continue to play well.

For the millionth time, Z sucks.

Back to topic, I'm a little worried about us after this series, regardless of who wins. I like being more battle tested, and I think it helped us last year having a decent series with the Sixers and a great series with the Celtics, while the Cavs played WNBA teams. Now we're the ones playing the easy series and they're being battle tested. I don't like that, maybe it's just me.

The Celtics have had no answer for the Cavs when they go small and Lebron is going full bore (it took him a while on Easter to pick his game up). I think the Cavs will take it in 6.

Also, as far as the Magic's next series. I think Atlanta could extend a series to 6 games which will give the Magic a little test at least.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

To me, the bench will be the deciding factor...Glen Davis, Tony Allen. and Rasheed Wallace can't compare to Andy, Delonte, and Z...

Back to topic, I'm a little worried about us after this series, regardless of who wins. I like being more battle tested, and I think it helped us last year having a decent series with the Sixers and a great series with the Celtics, while the Cavs played WNBA teams. Now we're the ones playing the easy series and they're being battle tested. I don't like that, maybe it's just me.

Never said Z was good...I was comparing their backup PF, C, and Guard to ours...There is no comparison..And against a team like the Celtics, Z plays great. Perkins can't score, and has no post game. So Z's lack of defense wouldn't be exploited. Spreading the floor for LBJ to do what he wants on the inside.

Again, yes, Z does suck, but against the Celtics, he can be more than successful.

Not to mention the small lineup that the Cavs can run against them.

What have the Celtics done that gives any indication they'll beat Cleveland?

They gave up a 17 point 4th quarter lead to Cleveland, at home, when the Cavs were playing with a shortened roster and nothing to play for. It took Ray Allen going 6-9 for 3 for them to eek out a 4 point win in a game they lead by 22.

In the two match ups prior to that, Cleveland breezed past them. I don't think it will be easy but all these people picking Boston must never watch basketball.

Boston has no answer for LeBron. Not even someone who can slow him down a little. They never have. Now that he's getting help scoring the basketball, I just don't see how Boston puts up enough points against Cleveland's defense.

Cleveland in 6 and it will look easier than that. The Cavs hate the Celtics. The level of intensity they play this series will jump significantly from the last. I think it will be a tough series but I personally don't feel Boston has enough in the tank to beat Cleveland. Their bench is just too thin.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBroncious:

What have the Celtics done that gives any indication they'll beat Cleveland?

I don't think it will be easy but all these people picking Boston must never watch basketball.

I don't see many people in this thread saying the Celtics will win. That is some of the still Boston bias media homers.

Unless Lebron is injured enough to effect his play then the Celtics have little chance of advancing. We just hope they put up a fight and wear down the Cavs some for us.

Magic - Cavs in the ECF will probably determine the NBA Champ and should be an epic battle.

Cavs facing the Celtics might help them be prepared for the finals, a tough battle just like us last year with the celtics.

Last year Cavs. cruised the 1st, 2nd round, then they hit a brick wall when they played us.

We are still the better team but I dunno if the long rest before the finals will help us or doom us

quote:
Originally posted by ReaL_B3rT0:

Last year Cavs. cruised the 1st, 2nd round, then they hit a brick wall when they played us.

Not sure that not being tested was the reason they lost to us. Going into that series, everyone, including us, felt that the Cavs just didn't match up well against us. I think we were destined to win that series last year, regardless of the two teams' respective opponents in earlier rounds.

I think a lot of people are down on Boston because they weren't able to maintain their "typical" season long effort that drove them for the past two seasons. That doesn't mean they aren't capable of playing to their full potential in the playoffs.

I think their age has been a significant factor this season, but I think they also know what it takes to win, they realize this is probably their last chance at another title with this group, and are fully prepared to lay it all on the line to advance.

I think the Cav's are obviously favored here, but to claim that it's going to be one sided, or not much of a challenge would be in bad form. I give Boston a 35% chance of winning the series.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

how are we playing easy teams? I agree the hawks series should be easier for us, but man the bobcats were one tough customer. Offensively they had little answers but defensively they were a machine! just b/c it was a sweep doesn't mean it was easy...

I agree somewhat with the battle-tested part; I think we were battle-tested last year and so far it has carried itself over. Sure we didn't have the same roster, but the core group of dwight, gortat, lewis, pietrus, and redick means there are enough players to maintain focus and "teach" the newer guys.

I can't see the Celts winning 4 games for one very good reason.

**They don't have a defensive stopper to put on Lebron down the stretch.**

In the 2007 finals the Spurs had Bruce Bowen

In 2008 the Celtics had James Posey

In 2009 we had Pietrus

Other matchups aside you have to have someone who can slow down Lebron and still not be a liabity on the offensive end. All three of these players expended their energy on defense and then set up at the 3 pt. line to knock shots when left open.

I just don't see that guy on Boston's roster this year.

quote:
In 2009 we had Pietrus

Did Pietrus do anything to stop LeBron? I remember him lighting us up from everywhere in every game. Peaches did do a good job attacking, but there was no single stopper on LeBron the whole series. He did what he wanted with us. And he lost.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

I can't see the Celts winning 4 games for one very good reason.

**They don't have a defensive stopper to put on Lebron down the stretch.**

In the 2007 finals the Spurs had Bruce Bowen

In 2008 the Celtics had James Posey

In 2009 we had Pietrus

Other matchups aside you have to have someone who can slow down Lebron and still not be a liabity on the offensive end. All three of these players expended their energy on defense and then set up at the 3 pt. line to knock shots when left open.

I just don't see that guy on Boston's roster this year.

I'm more of a "let lebron get his but defend everyone else." He still 40+ points while being defended by pietrus. I think we are good enough where we don't need help defenders on James, and that will force James to create for others and his teammates will have to work harder to get their own as well. And I just don't see that happening.