Sign in to follow this  
patport21

How would you go about stopping all the flopping?

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I blame the Euro influence...so kick them all out the league.

For fear of looking like a racist, I completely agree with this statement.

Such a generalisation. The worst floppers are Ginobili, Varejao and Pierce - two South Americans and an American, though admitedly this is closely followed by anyone Spanish.

one person, marc gasol, i thought flopping was part of the training for the spain national team, but he seems to be playing straight up. i don't get to see him play alot though.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Here is my proposal, and you can combine this with your 'in-game' fix as well. Together I think it's a solid move for the NBA to take in an effort to get rid of this trend.

I think a flop should be a technical foul, and it should be able to be assessed after the fact. Just like flagrant fould are reviewed and sometimes changed after the fact. Tapes should be reviewed (they do this anyway on different levels) and technicals for flopping handed out, and added to the season total per player.

16 technicals and you get auto suspended for a game for each one after that? (I'm sure that number is wrong, but someone will correct me, I am also sure of that.) Heck, even if a player averaged 1 flop per game, he would be suspended for something like 33 games? That would pose a serious penalty.

in soccer if you flop you get a yellow, and two yellows is a red card and your tossed out of a game, and to make it even more of a sting? have the other team play a man down hahaha...

alright that's outlandish, but what's even more outlandish? what about a penality box? a coach would remove flopping from their gameplan if it came at the cost of having to run 4 men in a game for a minute.

The problem here is that you want the refs to watch for flopping and make that determination in game. I want to completely remove that responsibility from them, and instead, impose a system in which the deterrent (technical fouls) will be enough to stop the behavior.

I don't want to slow the game down further, just stop the flopping.

quote:
The problem here is that you want the refs to watch for flopping and make that determination in game. I want to completely remove that responsibility from them, and instead, impose a system in which the deterrent (technical fouls) will be enough to stop the behavior.

Would it be possible to set up a panel of ex players that re watch and go over all matches on that night and then issue a one game ban if a player flopped during the game. Maybe the threat of a game suspension would stop it?

I just don't see how you can stop it during the game without slowing it down. It's played at such a fast pace that sometimes you can't tell straight away that somene has flopped.

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

quote:
Would it be possible to set up a panel of ex players that re watch and go over all matches on that night and then issue a one game ban if a player flopped during the game. Maybe the threat of a game suspension would stop it?

I just don't see how you can stop it during the game without slowing it down. It's played at such a fast pace that sometimes you can't tell straight away that somene has flopped.

How about the refs give a quick warning to both the players and coach during dead balls. Scorer earmarks the time for review later.

The solution is for us to go out and get some former defensive lineman from the NFL. Just have him there as an enforcer.

When somebody Varejous (my new term for flopping), we call up the enforcer and give the flopper a reason to fall down. Or into the crowd, through the bleachers, through the wall behind the bleachers, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

Who remembers this gem?

anderson+varejao1.jpg

I thought it was an Oscar worthy performance

that's what happens when Dwight T-bags you!

You guys apparently don't watch the Cavs much anymore.

Varejao rarely takes charges anymore. He goes straight up and contests the shot and is pretty **** good at it.

quote:
Originally posted by maf09:

You guys apparently don't watch the Cavs much anymore.

Varejao rarely takes charges anymore. He goes straight up and contests the shot and is pretty **** good at it.

Um...no