Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Jameer's PG WorldView; SVG calls J. Will, "The Best Passer We Have"(link)

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

Can someone can explain to me how in the world Meer said and quote" I don't get many plays called for me" but he average 12 shots per game. Sometime he take more shot than D. Howard and even V. Carter. Meer is a great player but isn't a good Pg. He excel in freelance play but in the half court game he is useless. That'why Carter taken over in the 4 quarter

Nelson is better in the half court game. Williams is better in the open court with his passing ability. Nelson, with his penetration forcing the defense to collapse in the half court set is much better suited for the PG role for this team in a playoff atmosphere. It's almost like you haven't watched Nelson play at all.

First at all, I'm not put Meer down. I agree that Nelson with his penetration forcing the defense to collapse. What I'm questioning is his mentality that he doesn

My question is this: How did all of these Arroyo fans know about this thread? Is there some light that beckons them whenever Arroyo is mentioned? Are they all still lurking here all the time, waiting for their chance?

Or are they all really Jareth?

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

SO:what do you make of Nelson's philosophy?

Nelson's Philosophy? Are you kidding? That is, plain and simple, a rationalization! Jameer knows he will never be or become a good or decent PG! NEVER! Therefore, he rationalizes by saying that he is being unselfish being selfish["My role is to get into the paint and make plays and be aggressive. And if I'm not doing that, I'm being selfish."]! Got it?

That's funny. He managed to beat out Arroyo for the starting position...something that Carlos never challenged. He also made the allstar team...something that Carlos never came close to doing. He probably would have won the most improved player last year if he hadn't gotten injured.

I'm glad that Carlos has played well recently. I always liked him. I also find it hilarious that his fanatical fans are clinging to the fact that he is starting on the only team in the league he could start for....and on a team where the true point guard is Dwayne Wade.

You're better off sticking to talking trash about a Olympic victory that occured 6 years ago.

emory, emory, e-mo-ry!

quote:
"A lot of people say a lot of things about our point guard situation here, but he [CARLOS] just continues to come in and get better and better, helping with this team," Wade said. "The ball wouldn't be moving the way it was if it wasn't for the point guard play of Carlos."

Read more if you dare at:

Arroyo ends debate about who is No. 1 at point guard

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sp...2310,0,3817308.story

Note: I almost forgot to mention Jameer's 6 TOs yesterday night. Great PG, is't he? HA!

*GASP*

YOU MEAN THAT WADE WILL ACTUALLY COMPLIMENT HIS TEAMMATES! OMG, FORGET I SAID ANYTHING!

BTW, Jameer's 6 turnovers last night was the most he has accumulated in 2 months and its a total he's only had twice this season. He's averaging 2 a game for the season.

In comparison:

Deron Williams has had more than 6 turnovers 4 times this season.

Derrick Rose has done it 4 times this season.

Jason Kidd has done it 3 times this season.

Steve Nash has done it 16 times...yup, that's not a mistake.

Rajon Rondo has done it 5 times this season.

If this is the scale for measuring who is and isn't a point guard, we are quickly running out of candidates.

quote:
Originally posted by random:

quote:

Can someone can explain to me how in the world Meer said and quote" I don't get many plays called for me" but he average 12 shots per game. Sometime he take more shot than D. Howard and even V. Carter. Meer is a great player but isn't a good Pg. He excel in freelance play but in the half court game he is useless. That'why Carter taken over in the 4 quarter

I thought people said he doesnt push the ball? How can he be useless in half court game if that is all he does?

In the half court game, his role had been to bring the ball at passed to Vince and move then to the corner to spread the floor. Vince becomes the distributor and facilitator.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

My question is this: How did all of these Arroyo fans know about this thread? Is there some light that beckons them whenever Arroyo is mentioned? Are they all still lurking here all the time, waiting for their chance?

Because we are Carlos fan, but we are Magic fan also. Meer was playing like garbage some time ago and we didn't put him down. but poster like you don't get it.

quote:

Can someone can explain to me how in the world Meer said and quote" I don't get many plays called for me" but he average 12 shots per game.

Sure. If we throw the ball in the post to Dwight, the opposing team doubles, and Dwight passes to Jameer for an open 3, that wasn't a play called for Jameer. It was a play called for Dwight. Jameer wound up shooting it because we have a team that plays, mostly, unselfishly.

quote:

quote:

Because we are Carlos fan, but we are Magic fan also. Meer was playing like garbage some time ago and we didn't put him down. but poster like you don't get it.

Rodriguez, you are a Magic fan. Carlos Darwin is a Arroyo groupie that still lurks here for some unknown reason. He cares as much about this team as Turk's fans do.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

SO:what do you make of Nelson's philosophy?

Nelson's Philosophy? Are you kidding? That is, plain and simple, a rationalization! Jameer knows he will never be or become a good or decent PG! NEVER! Therefore, he rationalizes by saying that he is being unselfish being selfish["My role is to get into the paint and make plays and be aggressive. And if I'm not doing that, I'm being selfish."]! Got it?

That's funny. He managed to beat out Arroyo for the starting position...something that Carlos never challenged. He also made the allstar team...something that Carlos never came close to doing. He probably would have won the most improved player last year if he hadn't gotten injured.

I'm glad that Carlos has played well recently. I always liked him. I also find it hilarious that his fanatical fans are clinging to the fact that he is starting on the only team in the league he could start for....and on a team where the true point guard is Dwayne Wade.

You're better off sticking to talking trash about a Olympic victory that occured 6 years ago.

emory, emory, e-mo-ry!

quote:
"A lot of people say a lot of things about our point guard situation here, but he [CARLOS] just continues to come in and get better and better, helping with this team," Wade said. "The ball wouldn't be moving the way it was if it wasn't for the point guard play of Carlos."

Read more if you dare at:

Arroyo ends debate about who is No. 1 at point guard

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sp...2310,0,3817308.story

Note: I almost forgot to mention Jameer's 6 TOs yesterday night. Great PG, is't he? HA!

*GASP*

YOU MEAN THAT WADE WILL ACTUALLY COMPLIMENT HIS TEAMMATES! OMG, FORGET I SAID ANYTHING!

BTW, Jameer's 6 turnovers last night was the most he has accumulated in 2 months and its a total he's only had twice this season. He's averaging 2 a game for the season.

In comparison:

Deron Williams has had more than 6 turnovers 4 times this season.

Derrick Rose has done it 4 times this season.

Jason Kidd has done it 3 times this season.

Steve Nash has done it 16 times...yup, that's not a mistake.

Rajon Rondo has done it 5 times this season.

If this is the scale for measuring who is and isn't a point guard, we are quickly running out of candidates.

Better than that, check this out and tell me where is Jameer Nelson in assist/TO ratio. Never mind, Arroyo is second in the whole NBA, second only to CP3. Nelson is #47, #47, #47!

Check it out if you dare :

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/s.../ASTTO/G?&_1:col_1=9

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

Can someone can explain to me how in the world Meer said and quote" I don't get many plays called for me" but he average 12 shots per game.

Sure. If we throw the ball in the post to Dwight, the opposing team doubles, and Dwight passes to Jameer for an open 3, that wasn't a play called for Jameer. It was a play called for Dwight. Jameer wound up shooting it because we have a team that plays, mostly, unselfishly.

Good answer.

Actually, he's 3rd. Travis Diener is clearly the GOAT.

And for the record, when you're trying to debate point guards based on a stat that says that Luke Ridnour is better than Steve Nash, you may want to rethink your strategy.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rodriguez, you are a Magic fan. Carlos Darwin is a Arroyo groupie that still lurks here for some unknown reason. He cares as much about this team as Turk's fans do.

Thank you my friend, but C. Darwin is a Magic fan too. smile_cheers.gif

quote:

quote:

Dejavu, It was an obvious fact that divided this board 2 years ago, the lack of consensus about the signing of Jameeer at a time Arroyo was a better bet for winning with this team. We all kknow Jameer was signed to keep his buddy Howard from going into a a Baby Huey tantrum. Last year Mr. Darwin extensively showed that the team did better with Arroyo as a starter, yet the same crowd turend the subject around to attacking us the blind groupies of Arroyo. In Miami it seemed to be Dejavu again, the management favoring Wade's pick for PG, but...the manager here ha a bit more of independent criteria to accept they were wrong.

Lets see some stats posted by a Miami fan and not one of us,

Originally posted by Skyhook13:

I was doing some research on the Heat and I finally understood why Heat management finaly gave up and gave the point guard position to Arroyo. According to my research is obious why Arroyo is playing. The more time he is in the court the highest probability the Heat will win the game. See by yorself.

Carlos Arroyo

W L Winning percentage

'+ 18 Min 21 12 63.64%

'+ 20 Min 18 9 66.67%

'+ 25 Min 14 5 73.68%

'+ 30 Min 10 4 71.43%

'+ 35 Min 9 0 100.00%

'+ 40 Min 5 0 100.00%

Since 3/02/10 10 3 76.92%

As a Starter 16 10 61.54%

Mario Chalmers

W L Winning percentage

'+ 18 Min 26 22 54.17%

'+ 20 Min 23 20 53.49%

'+ 25 Min 18 16 52.94%

'+ 30 Min 10 10 50.00%

'+ 35 Min 3 5 37.50%

'+ 40 Min 1 1 50.00%

Rafer Alston

W L Winning percentage

'+ 18 Min 11 12 47.83%

'+ 20 Min 11 11 50.00%

'+ 25 Min 8 8 50.00%

'+ 30 Min 3 3 50.00%

'+ 35 Min 1 2 33.33%

'+ 40 Min 0 0 0.00%

Honestly it all goes down to winning! The guy has demonstrated that he can impact the game in ways that can't be seen in the stats sheets. I don't care if this guy doesn't score, guards or makes a whole lots of assists, All I care is that we are winning and heading to the playoffs! BTW he didn't left the team when he was demoted to third string PG like Rafer did.

Arroyo has helped Spo the coach get to win the Coach of the month award. Guys you made abig mistake when you let Arroyo go!