Sign in to follow this  
CaseyMullen928

Sentinel Writers and the Orlando Magic

It seems Mike Bianchi has now stirred up some controversy with magic fans, more specifically those that want to see Brian Hill canned. Also, Brian Schmitzy is perhaps one of the biggest naysayers and put downers of the magic. So I ask this Magic fans...

It seems Mike Bianchi has now stirred up some controversy with magic fans, more specifically those that want to see Brian Hill canned. Also, Brian Schmitzy is perhaps one of the biggest naysayers and put downers of the magic. So I ask this Magic fans...

Bianchi and Greene hardly ever write about the Magic. You would figure that with the Magic being the only professional show in town it would get more ink from these two... but I guess not.

Jerry Greene lives for the NFL season. I don't blame him since that is really his specialty.

Bianchi however acts like a know it all on any subject.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Jerry Greene lives for the NFL season. I don't blame him since that is really his specialty.

Bianchi however acts like a know it all on any subject.

Bianchi is NOW on the Magic's payroll, LOL!!!!

Povtak is the only writer with an ounce of intelligence or journalistic integrity.

The rest offer as much insight as their real life sports experiences would indicate. I mean seriously, what are the odds any of them even played sports in HS? I ran into Jerry Greene and his wife once in a Casselberry book store. Dude is about 5'4" and as wide as he is tall.

They all pretty much suck. I don't think even one of them is a Magic fans, they just happen to like living in Orlando Florida, and they want to be sport writters. Not by choice, they have to cover the magic.

Jamele Hill is/was by far the worst of them. Everything she said about the magic was negative all the time. Now Bianchi is probably the worst

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

They all pretty much suck. I don't think even one of them is a Magic fans, they just happen to like living in Orlando Florida, and they want to be sport writters. Not by choice, they have to cover the magic.

Jamele Hill is/was by far the worst of them. Everything she said about the magic was negative all the time. Now Bianchi is probably the worst

I never read anything Jemele HIll wrote until she wrote the article about how, if I remember right, the reason people liked Lance Armstrong and believed he didn't do steroids, but didn't believe Barry Bonds, was because we were all completely racist.

For the record, I'm not racist, and I think Barry Bonds did steroids because he gained 5 hat sizes and 80% more muscle mass in about an 8 month period when his body should've been starting to give out.

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

Povtak is the only writer with an ounce of intelligence or journalistic integrity.

The rest offer as much insight as their real life sports experiences would indicate. I mean seriously, what are the odds any of them even played sports in HS? I ran into Jerry Greene and his wife once in a Casselberry book store. Dude is about 5'4" and as wide as he is tall.

I don't think that's too fair. I'm a 6'1 white kid who wasn't quick enough to play basketball in HS, but I'm a huge fan and consider myself at least somewhat knowledgeable(what opinions you've formed based off reading my posts are your own, obviously).

I wouldn't say Greene is incapable of being a good sports journalist because of his size. I'd say he'd have to look at it from another narrative, though.

Oh God, Jemele Hill was by far the worst! Everything she wrote was negative and had racial undertones to it. The woman had a hard-on for turning non-issues into full blown scandal. Somehow she conned ESPN into hiring her. I guess Steven A. Smith needed an assistant.