Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

I Hope Greg Oden Goes West

Ok, so we don't even know for sure that Greg Oden is coming out for this year's draft. But if he does, he will likely go #1. I personally hope that he ends up going to the Western conference. If he ends up in the East, Dwight Howard will have to compete with him each year for the starting center votes for the All-Star game. If Oden ends up having the popularity to rival his basketball potential, he could certainly become competition for those votes.

I'd just as soon have him out West anyway so that is one less dominant big man we have to deal with in our own conference.

Ok, so we don't even know for sure that Greg Oden is coming out for this year's draft. But if he does, he will likely go #1. I personally hope that he ends up going to the Western conference. If he ends up in the East, Dwight Howard will have to compete with him each year for the starting center votes for the All-Star game. If Oden ends up having the popularity to rival his basketball potential, he could certainly become competition for those votes.

I'd just as soon have him out West anyway so that is one less dominant big man we have to deal with in our own conference.