totally OT: but, worst "news" ever.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

Well look at it this way.

Boston makes a trade we def make a trade.

Thats how things work with Otis.

All Magic fans have to hope what you're saying here comes true...

The trade isn't there though. That basically locks up the Cavs getting Murphy. So now you have Amare left and we aren't getting him. He most likely goes to Miami so who can we get? Th deal isn't there and we don't have the pieces to make a splash. We have AJ's expirings and a TE which might get us a good bench player. The best deal out there for us really is T-mac for VC. T-Mac is fully capable of shooting 30% from 3 and below 40% from the field and then his contract comes off the books and we can make a play for Joe Johnson.

Why will Houston do that? VC and T-Mac play pretty much the same style.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

All Magic fans have to hope what you're saying here comes true...

The trade isn't there though. That basically locks up the Cavs getting Murphy. So now you have Amare left and we aren't getting him. He most likely goes to Miami so who can we get? Th deal isn't there and we don't have the pieces to make a splash. We have AJ's expirings and a TE which might get us a good bench player. The best deal out there for us really is T-mac for VC. T-Mac is fully capable of shooting 30% from 3 and below 40% from the field and then his contract comes off the books and we can make a play for Joe Johnson.

Why will Houston do that? VC and T-Mac play pretty much the same style.

Houston and T-mac have a bad relationship and Houston needs scoring. They get a guy who can help them now and next year they can trade his expiring when Yao is back. VC can take all the shots he wants and T-Mac is a much better team player and supposedly he is in great shape and health. Obviously this deal would probably rely on Otis and SVG sitting down with T-Mac and also seeing him play. Not to mention T-Mac wants to win, when his deal expires there is a very good chance we could get him for very cheap.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

VC for T-Mac is a terrible trade, yeah we get Tracy's big expiring deal. But even with his contract coming off the book we won't have enough money to offer a max deal.

We can get close and if we could deal Bass for an expiring and have AJ's expiring we could get really close. At some point this team has to make financial choices. Otis gave out horrible contracts and handcuffed this team now it has to be fixed. Players will sign for less money to win and play with Dwight.Gortat will be traded for sure because no way will we pay him 7 mil to sit on the bench and we have TPE. It doesn't put us in great financial shape but it does put us in a lot better shape. The way VC is playing T-Mac could very well be an upgrade also. At this point we will lose JJ next year most likely if we don't move some pieces. a lot of teams have money to make him offers we won't match.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I'd rather see Boston win than Cleveland, I really would love to see LeBron become the "Marino" of the NBA. If it happened I would probably jerk it to his retirement press conference.

LMAO! But I am in complete agreement.

quote:

Wouldn't it be sweet if we pulled off a deal for Wade?

Ric Bucher and Marc Stein on ESPN have both said they have heard that Boston will not pursue this deal because it would be to much payroll for them to take on.

Stein also noted that the Wizards would rather move Butler than Jamison.

quote:

quote:

VC for T-Mac is a terrible trade, yeah we get Tracy's big expiring deal. But even with his contract coming off the book we won't have enough money to offer a max deal.

We can get close and if we could deal Bass for an expiring and have AJ's expiring we could get really close. At some point this team has to make financial choices. Otis gave out horrible contracts and handcuffed this team now it has to be fixed. Players will sign for less money to win and play with Dwight.Gortat will be traded for sure because no way will we pay him 7 mil to sit on the bench and we have TPE. It doesn't put us in great financial shape but it does put us in a lot better shape. The way VC is playing T-Mac could very well be an upgrade also. At this point we will lose JJ next year most likely if we don't move some pieces. a lot of teams have money to make him offers we won't match.

I agree that Otis has handicapped us with all the terrible contracts. But blowing it up and just going for some salary relief isn't the right move. It's too early to give up on this team and their chances. I'd rather see what Vince will do in the playoffs than deal for McGrady and his expiring.

Not saying I wouldn't trade Vince, but for T-Mac is just a terrible pointless move. If we are going to make a move it needs to be one that benefits us NOW and for our run at a ring this season. But there's really nothing out there because of all the bad contracts Otis has collected.

So Boston is going to trade the only true SG on the team for two aging overpaid shot happy forwards that play the same positions as KG and Pierce?

I seriously doubt it happens since the Wizards have stated they want prospects and cap relief, but even if it did Boston would have some serious chemistry issues to solve.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

So Boston is going to trade the only true SG on the team for two aging overpaid shot happy forwards that play the same positions as KG and Pierce?

I seriously doubt it happens since the Wizards have stated they want prospects and cap relief, but even if it did Boston would have some serious chemistry issues to solve.

Yeah, not worried.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I agree that Otis has handicapped us with all the terrible contracts. But blowing it up and just going for some salary relief isn't the right move. It's too early to give up on this team and their chances. I'd rather see what Vince will do in the playoffs than deal for McGrady and his expiring.

Not saying I wouldn't trade Vince, but for T-Mac is just a terrible pointless move. If we are going to make a move it needs to be one that benefits us NOW and for our run at a ring this season. But there's really nothing out there because of all the bad contracts Otis has collected.

VC isn't going to bring anything back, expiring is the best we can do. Sometime the best move is setting yourself up for the following year. I mean if we can't win a ring then what is the point?