Sign in to follow this  
bayoyin

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

part of me wants us to lose to give Ferry that false sense of security, so he doesn't make a trade. If we win, I'm pretty sure they'll do something to make sure it doesn't happen again

Regardless if the Cavs win or lose, I don't see them making a trade. Mo Williams is still out right? And they're on a 12 game win-streak. Plus they already showed they can beat the Magic @ Orlando earlier this season with the help of Mo Williams. If anything they will have false hope of being better when healthy.

If you look at the teams the Cavs played during their 12-game win streak, the only impressive win is the LA Lakers. The rest of the teams they played are BELOW .500 with exception to Oklahoma City (.588) and Toronto (.549). Overall I'm not too impressed by their 12 game streak, it was a relatively easy schedule for them.

Until now....muhahahha GO MAGIC!

Should be a heck of a game, just wish the NBA would stop giving us them on the tail end of back to backs when they are rested.

A lot will depend on whether the refs award the Cavs for flopping. If Dwight sits most the game again we will have no chance.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Should be a heck of a game, just wish the NBA would stop giving us them on the tail end of back to backs when they are rested.

A lot will depend on whether the refs award the Cavs for flopping. If Dwight sits most the game again we will have no chance.

This is the key. If Dwight is kept out of foul trouble and if Vince can get similar calls to those of Lebron the game itself should be pretty even.

From what I have heard without watching is that the Cavs have been making an effort to get Shaq involved on offense when he is in the game so he stays active and interested. So I would expect them to go at Dwight from the opening tip.

quote:

This is the key. If Dwight is kept out of foul trouble and if Vince can get similar calls to those of Lebron the game itself should be pretty even.

From what I have heard without watching is that the Cavs have been making an effort to get Shaq involved on offense when he is in the game so he stays active and interested. So I would expect them to go at Dwight from the opening tip.

I like to have faith, but I dont know, I have a bad feeling about this one. I feel like today's game is going to be a foul-out-Dwight-a-thon and a Lebron James free throw fest.

I have rarely seen a game between the Magic and CLE that was officiated fairly; and that sucks knowing that your team should be kicking their *** every game.

Sadly, I predict two quick fouls on Dwight within the first 3-4 minutes of the game, one will be initiated by Shaq, the other by Bron.

There's no way he receives the benefit of the whistle in Cleveland while they're in the midst of a 12 game winning streak.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Sadly, I predict two quick fouls on Dwight within the first 3-4 minutes of the game, one will be initiated by Shaq, the other by Bron.

Dwight should just let Shaq shoot. He will miss more than he makes.

Shaq is not going to shoot though he is going to back down Dwight to draw contact.

I agree with TITY here. Dwight will be out of the game by the 8 minute mark of the first quarter. The Warlock and Bass Master should be ready to go tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Shaq is not going to shoot though he is going to back down Dwight to draw contact.

I agree with TITY here. Dwight will be out of the game by the 8 minute mark of the first quarter. The Warlock and Bass Master should be ready to go tonight.

God ****it, it sucks, but I think you're right.

But Bass has been playing like **** as of late (can't blame the guy when he doesn't get a chance to get into rhythm).

quote:
Originally posted by Papa Butts:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Dwight should just let Shaq shoot. He will miss more than he makes.

Shaq isn't going to settle for long jump-hooks. Whenever he matches up with Dwight (which hasn't been often), he tries to make a statement by backing him all the way down to the rim. It's because of this that I believe Dwight will pick up a quick 1st, because despite his age, Shaq is still a load to contain.

Gortat, believe it or not, actually does a better job of pushing Shaq out of the paint than Dwight does. Though, that could just be due to the fact that Shaq is far more motivated when facing off against young "Superman".

I'll go even further by claiming that Dwight will pick up his first foul during the tip.