Sign in to follow this  
LaVar

Harris VS Harkless

Exum is a PG. He is a capable passer and has a good handle, want to see him run the PnR more in college next year.

If he goes to college, he will be in the 2015 daft.

I think the sky is the limit for Harris, and I believe he has the potential to become a player like Melo.

Hark is much rawer and reminds me of Ariza. Could he develop? Sure.

If anyone is coming off the bench early this season, I believe it will be Oli behind Affalo.

I see our early line-up as follows:

PG: Nelson, Oli, Price

SG: Affalo, Oli, Lamb, Moore

SF: Hark, Osby

PF*: Harris, Nicholson, Maxiell

C: Vooch, O'Quinn

*Davis out with injury

I hope we trade Davis and Affalo as soon as possible

I like Harris and he has potential to be a great SF, I just find Harkless to have more facets to his game that you need on a championship team. Harris can score consistently and rebound for a 3. Harkless can do just about everything, including guard 3 positions, just not score or rebound as consistently as Harris. Apples and Oranges. Both are assets and neither are untradeable. This year will go a long way into seeing what exactly we have in both players as both have areas that need serious improvement for them to be much more than projects moving forward.

Agree with Soul bro's lineup, which is going to expose Harris' faults more than Harkless' at least initially. I expect Harris to step it up though!

Just on this subject does anyone else agree with Lavar that Harris is a better defender than Harkless? I don't see it that way but no one has really pulled him up on it so I'm wondering if I have a delusional love for Harkless.

Just on this subject does anyone else agree with Lavar that Harris is a better defender than Harkless? I don't see it that way but no one has really pulled him up on it so I'm wondering if I have a delusional love for Harkless.

It depends. I think Harris would defend a Power Forward better but Harkless would defend a Shooting Guard better

Anyways, if we're going "overall better defender" I'd give Harkless a slight edge

I think many here are more so just excited about what Harkless can become on defense (all warranted, for he has put together some stellar defensive performances throughout this past season), whereas Tobias is expected to mainly continue to develop offensively.

On another side note - what a great story Tobias could turn out to be. If he does become this Carmelo-type-of-talent (not saying that he will, but sure would be dandy) and sticks around long term, I'll take great pleasure in seeing #12 hung from the rafters.

It depends. I think Harris would defend a Power Forward better but Harkless would defend a Shooting Guard better

Anyways, if we're going "overall better defender" I'd give Harkless a slight edge

Slight? Harris is pretty good on offense, but lets not make any exaggerations about Harris and defense.