Sign in to follow this  
LaVar

Harris VS Harkless

Is it just me or do some people really think that Harkless is better than Harris. I really dont see it. Therefore, when I see posters on here project line ups they have harris on the bench and harkless starting or keeping harkless and trading Harris. I say to myself, "that's dumb" (pc unintelligent). To me, Harris, Nick, and potentially Vic are our best players and assets by a wide margin.

There is not much that harkless does well at this stage of his career. He is still young and has time, but he is not very good yet. He is long and athletic. He does finish well. He has a nice second jump for loose balls and is getting better at slashing, but his 3pt shot seemed worst in the summer league. AND, despite the games were he gots some steals and blocks, he is not the best defender. He rarely keeps his man from getting in the lane. To make matter worse, I did not see much improvement in his overall game during summer league. Though, he did gain some muscle physically.

Harris showed the ability to score, rebound, defend more than one position, and lead. He is, in my option, a much better player than harkless. He came in mid season, not knowing the team or system, and took over. All I need to show is this:

Can someone explain to me the delusion or infatuation with harkless at this point? I agree, that Harkless has some raw athletic talent and the deadly word potental working for him, but let us not get crazy about what he can be and reality. Or, am I wrong? enlighten me, please. How is Harkless better than Harris? In what world should Harkless start over Harris?

Harris is obviously better, he's probably the most talented player on our team, but a lot of people see him as an ideal 6th man (myself included) because he's so explosive and can play the 3 and 4.

The better player at a position doesn't always start (e.g. James Harden-Thabo Sefolosha back in 2012)

Harris is obviously better, he's probably the most talented player on our team, but a lot of people see him as an ideal 6th man (myself included) because he's so explosive and can play the 3 and 4.

The better player at a position doesn't always start (e.g. James Harden-Thabo Sefolosha back in 2012)

But a team with little talent, doesn't put its best player on the bench. I am not saying that harris is as good as durrant, but that is like saying okc should bring durrant off the bench because he is explosive.

A team with a lot of talent can afford to do the harden/seolosha deal because your starting westbook, durrant, and serg. We don't have westbook or durrant on our team, so why sit our best player. That sounds like what the bucks did with harris. I dont think benching harris is the answer.

We should start Harris this year, but we're probably getting a strong forward in the upcoming draft (Wiggins, Randle, Parker, Gordon) so I think we'll move Harris to the bench in 2014 to have a more balanced team

We should start Harris this year, but we're probably getting a strong forward in the upcoming draft (Wiggins, Randle, Parker, Gordon) so I think we'll move Harris to the bench in 2014 to have a more balanced team

even though harris is can play both forward spots? I also think pg is a spot we may go in 2014. I dont think we will be as bad as projected.

even though harris is can play both forward spots?

If this were the reality, we wouldn't even be having this discussion right now.

I also think pg is a spot we may go in 2014. I dont think we will be as bad as projected.

Who knows, your guess is probably as good as anyone's. But seeing that Exum is likely out, I presently don't see too many 1's worth getting moist over.

If this were the reality, we wouldn't even be having this discussion right now.

Who knows, your guess is probably as good as anyone's. But seeing that Exum is likely out, I presently don't see too many 1's worth getting moist over.

Harris can play both forward spots. He played them both well for a young player learning the rotations and new position. Plus he has a good motor and averaged 8.5 boards and 1.5 blocks.

some people like smart and Harrison

Harris can play both forward spots. He played them both well for a young player learning the rotations and new position. Plus he has a good motor and averaged 8.5 boards and 1.5 blocks.

In his present form Harris is still a liability defensively against bigger 4's and quicker 3's. One would imagine that as our other defensive holes begin to close up, his will become more exposed and turn from an average to a gaping one.

Of course team defense, physical development, and further experience at either position could go a long way, but as you've already noticed, us simple lot here at tbn have already invested much of our unwarranted optimism in Harkless.

Anywho, the 6th man role should allow for more controlled matchups and a greater role for Harris on offense (again optimistically assuming that our 2014 draftee will be more dominant offensively). I suppose ideally you'd either start Harris or bring him off the bench depending on particular matchups, but that's a pretty incompetent answer ;)

The 6th man on a team can easily be a top 3 player on that team and be part of that team's "big 3"; see Manu Ginobili or James Harden. The point is if we get a player who projects as a #1 option at the 3//4 (3 if you think Hark can play the 2 and Dipo can play the point which I don't really) I think a player like Harris who needs the ball in his hands to be effective would be a good 6th man to play 25-30 mins a night from the bench.

The 6th man on a team can easily be a top 3 player on that team and be part of that team's "big 3"; see Manu Ginobili or James Harden. The point is if we get a player who projects as a #1 option at the 3//4 (3 if you think Hark can play the 2 and Dipo can play the point which I don't really) I think a player like Harris who needs the ball in his hands to be effective would be a good 6th man to play 25-30 mins a night from the bench.

I personally don't see harris coming off the bench. I think he will be the future captain of the team; after nelson is gone.

I seen no reason you cant have:

Nick

Randle

Harris

Vic

Nelson

Or

Nick

Harris

Wiggins

Vic

Nelson

If this is your projected 2014 picks

I personally see this coming up 3-8 picks

Exum, Smart, Parker, Harrison,or Gordan

I think we will go best player available to fix our team.

So, I see

Nick

Baby

Harris

Vic

Exum/Smart

Exum will be a great scoring combo guard. Penny 2.0.

Smart would give us a potential great defensive guard tandem.

Smart will have to show improvement next year for us to grab him.

Exum will be a great scoring combo guard. Penny 2.0.

Love Exum but he does not possess the vision and passing skills Penny had. He'll be good but he'll be his own player.

Side note: If only we can convince Kyrie to play for Australia too we'll begin to have a decent team!

Love Exum but he does not possess the vision and passing skills Penny had. He'll be good but he'll be his own player.

Side note: If only we can convince Kyrie to play for Australia too we'll begin to have a decent team!

penny 2.0, I was referring more to his size and scoring. Exum calls him self a pg.

He has time to improve his pg skills