Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

The Magic are interested in trading for Steve Blake?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

quote:

Yeah lets get Blake and use him as the third string PG! What a great idea(sarcasm). The only way we need a PG is if we deal Nelson and get a better starting calibur player, Blake isn't that not even close. This team needs someone to create his own sot, someone to create his own shot, someone to create his own shot. Someone who can handle the ball and let Meer play off the ball. The guys aren't out there, Rudy Gay would be tempting but I doubt we could make it happen. I think we get a young PG to sit on the bench a year or 2 and maybe another defense minded player on the wing. Unless we can move Shard or VC we won't get a guy who will make a big impact this year.

what if nelson gets injured after the trade deadline?

Will you be comfortable with AJ playing 20+ minutes a night in the playoffs? J will can't play a huge amount of minutes.

No I wouldn't, what if Dwight gets injured? Would you be comfortable with Foyle playing meaningful minutes? What if JJ gets injured who plays? I mean you could say that on any team.

You can't bring a guy like Blake in as a 3rd string to never play. You can't have 3 good players at every position. Not to mention AJ is not that bad, he is a very serviceable backup PG. I mean it was Rafer and AJ who got us to the finals not Meer.

bass would play some minutes at the 5

pietrus and barnes would split time at the 2

If we have the option to upgrade a position with guys who never play why argue against it. Now I wouldn't trade for blake, he makes too much to sit as a third string pg who isn't good at defense. But if we could grab a combo guy, a dooling or bayless type of guy who can guard 2 positions, why not?

Haha so why are you arguing with me about Blake? I said we will probably grab a young PG who can help us when J will retires and can learn on the bench, if anyone gets hurt well we have him. Dooling would be great but Otis ran him out of town and Bayless can't guard any position even though I like him as a player but the last thing we need is another offensive minded guard. This team needs to find a pass first PG and a guy who can defend that position.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah lets get Blake and use him as the third string PG! What a great idea(sarcasm). The only way we need a PG is if we deal Nelson and get a better starting calibur player, Blake isn't that not even close. This team needs someone to create his own sot, someone to create his own shot, someone to create his own shot. Someone who can handle the ball and let Meer play off the ball. The guys aren't out there, Rudy Gay would be tempting but I doubt we could make it happen. I think we get a young PG to sit on the bench a year or 2 and maybe another defense minded player on the wing. Unless we can move Shard or VC we won't get a guy who will make a big impact this year.

Will you be comfortable with AJ playing 20+ minutes a night in the playoffs? J will can't play a huge amount of minutes.

No I wouldn't, what if Dwight gets injured? Would you be comfortable with Foyle playing meaningful minutes? What if JJ gets injured who plays? I mean you could say that on any team.

You can't bring a guy like Blake in as a 3rd string to never play. You can't have 3 good players at every position. Not to mention AJ is not that bad, he is a very serviceable backup PG. I mean it was Rafer and AJ who got us to the finals not Meer.

If we have the option to upgrade a position with guys who never play why argue against it. Now I wouldn't trade for blake, he makes too much to sit as a third string pg who isn't good at defense. But if we could grab a combo guy, a dooling or bayless type of guy who can guard 2 positions, why not?

Haha so why are you arguing with me about Blake? I said we will probably grab a young PG who can help us when J will retires and can learn on the bench, if anyone gets hurt well we have him. Dooling would be great but Otis ran him out of town and Bayless can't guard any position even though I like him as a player but the last thing we need is another offensive minded guard. This team needs to find a pass first PG and a guy who can defend that position.

quote:
The only way we need a PG is if we deal Nelson and get a better starting calibur player

made it seem like you were against any change unless its to the starting lineup.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dwight also hasnt been injured for 2 seasons straight and had a lingering injury this year like Nelson has. I don't like Blake but it's just for insurance.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dwight also hasnt been injured for 2 seasons straight and had a lingering injury this year like Nelson has. I don't like Blake but it's just for insurance.

Dwight missed 3 games last season due to a knee injury and prior had not missed a single game in his career...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dwight missed 3 games last season due to a knee injury and prior had not missed a single game in his career...

Gortat...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
The only way we need a PG is if we deal Nelson and get a better starting calibur player

made it seem like you were against any change unless its to the starting lineup.

Nah but Blake is to big of a name for the role we need him to fill. We need to develop a guy but we don;t unless due to injury need someone of that caliber.