Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

The Magic are interested in trading for Steve Blake?

From Rotoworld:

quote:
Steve Blake is part of a few recent trade rumors, tied to potential deals with the Heat, Magic and Wizards.

Apparently the Trail Blazers might part with Blake and Travis Outlaw to land Brendan Haywood. Blake has an appealing combination of veteran leadership and an expiring contract, so don't be surprised if he lands with another team before Feb. 18.

I wonder who will we part ways with? Could it be Brandon Bass? I hope not, but I remember the Blazers were interested in signing him last summer.

From Rotoworld:

quote:
Steve Blake is part of a few recent trade rumors, tied to potential deals with the Heat, Magic and Wizards.

Apparently the Trail Blazers might part with Blake and Travis Outlaw to land Brendan Haywood. Blake has an appealing combination of veteran leadership and an expiring contract, so don't be surprised if he lands with another team before Feb. 18.

I wonder who will we part ways with? Could it be Brandon Bass? I hope not, but I remember the Blazers were interested in signing him last summer.

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick Chewing:

i hope we do trade bass for blake. why would u wanna keep bass? i know he is good but we don't use him

And what exactly do we get out of Blake?

Steve Blake huh? real defensive catalyst there...the 6'3 Carlos Arroyo, let's do it!

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick Chewing:

i hope we do trade bass for blake. why would u wanna keep bass? i know he is good but we don't use him

value maybe?

I supported bass this whole year, but after he got rocked last night, and they way he's been complaining I say BYE BYE BASS

if this deal was remotely true, and they wound up with Haywood for Blake and Outlaw, what a steal...I'm a big Haywood fan, guy is totally underrated...they are already rolling well without any real 5 man to cover their front court, Haywood would function well in their system...I'm skeptical of any 2 for 1's with Portland given their thin roster...I tell you though, I would be nervous if I was Haywood, Oden & Pzrysbilla go down with horrendous injuries and that team has bad luck...

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

They want a true Center, Gortat is the target not Bass.

this. They were in the gortat sweepstakes last year. They do not need an undersized PF, they need a real center.

on a side note, we don't gain much by adding blake, except more salary. I don't have much faith in this rumor anyway.