Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

So like, what does your username even mean man? (EPIC THREAD)

My wife and I like to shag dance (A partner dance that originated along the beaches of North and South Carolina) to old rhythm and blues music from the 1950s and 60s. Most shaggers like to dance to songs around 115BPM, BMP meaning Beats Per Minute. However, we like to dance to stuff that is really fast, thus the name 135BMP+ If you give a s*** check out the best around, Sam West, on the link below.

My first name is Bill and my last name starts with Fan.. Fan also makes sense on a sports forum. I had the same nik years ago on the Ozone fan forum.

My name has a geeky origin.

There was this fantasy (not THAT kind of fantasy) comic book that came out in the 70s called Elfquest. It's about warring elves, duh. They reintroduced it in the 80s when I was a kid, and collecting these comic books was pretty much my first childhood hobby. My fave character was the best friend of the main hero, his name was Skywise. So ever since then I've used that name in roleplaying games, and then just on the internet in general when it came out ever since.

As for the 316 part, it's just kind of a spoof on like John 3:16 from the bible, or Austin 3:16 from the WWE.

And if anyone's curious, here's what the original Skywise looks like:

Skywise.gif

I was joining an online poker site and needed a username, but couldn't come up with anything that sounded good. I grabbed a random book off the shelf, and with eyes closed pointed to a word, "ditchback". I didn't even know that "ditchback" was a word, but there it was and it sounded interesting, so I used it. I've held onto it and employed it as a username for several sites around the internet.

When I signed up I was a pitcher for the University of North Florida (The Ospreys) and my number was 23.

Original, I know.

I'd like to change it to Sgt. Max Fightmaster, but the mods won't let me.