Sign in to follow this  
Noonskadoodle17

Time for Cavs to face adversity.

There is nothing special about Mo Williams. There was nothing special about him in Milwaukee, and there will be nothing special about him when LeBron leaves. Reason being, LeBron makes people look better than they really are. If LeBron leaves, Cavs pick first in the 2011 Draft, even the biggest of Cavs homers know that deep down.

Dwight makes Jameer better for sure, but Jameer's guy isn't leaving him to defend Howard and leaving Meer wide open all night. That happens for Mo, same would happen for Jameer if he was in Cleveland.

Most people (I did, but I watch way too much basketball) didn't even know who Mo Williams was when he was in Milwaukee.

By the way:

Mo - .449% FG .393% 3P

Meer - .461% FG .387% 3P

Career numbers for the two, dead even, maybe even a slight edge to Nelson.

Waaaay too much credit given to Mo for the Cavs success. The defenses are centered around stopping Lebron. The only reason the Cavs are scoring enough points to win is because Lebron developed a jumpshot over the summer. You can't just let him shoot anymore like you did last season.

The 2nd most important guy on that team is Vareflop. He hustles and creates extra possesions for that team. Next is Shaq who gets the other teams big men in foul trouble. Next is Delonte who, IMO, is the teams 3rd best player.

If Mo was any good, the backcourt of Redd and Mo would have terrorized the league.

Mo is a product of the great player that Lebron is. No Lebron, Mo is another Howard Eisely: good contributor to a team.

I know seeing Cav players through Cav goggles is difficult.

BTW: Lebron draws so much attention that they have 2 players shooting over 40% from 3, 1 close to 50% and their best shooter: Z shooting over 50% from 3.

Parker and another Cav player are 1 and 2 in the top 3pt shooters in the league. Z does not qualify because he has shot only like 14 3s.

In conclusion:

Maurice Williams is: O-VER-RA-TED!!

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by Mmmmhhhhmmmm:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

This actually might be good for them West may get back into his old form and return to the lineup as a starter that will make them stronger if he is playing like he did last year.

I honestly don't think West will be in their rotation come playoff time due to his legal issues.

You must know nothing about his legal issues then.

It's funny how all year long you guys say we are a one man team and that Mo Williams is garbage, yet now that he is injured he means something to us and it will really effect us.

Just saying. icon_cool.gif

I'm late getting to this thread, but I will still say it. If the player's name isn't LeBron James the Cavs aren't missing anybody. They are a one man team and Mo Williams is a poor man's JJ Redick, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even really like Redick.

You obviously know NOTHING about the game then or the Cavs unless you are joking.

I've quoted you about something similar before, and you didn't reply, which i find funny.

Mo Williams is a product of LeBron drawing team's entire defense towards him, giving him open shots. It's the same reason why Larry Hughes looked like a basketball player when he was in Cleveland. Do you remember how the Cavs got Mo? Were you a fan yet? You traded Damon Jones for him STRAIGHT UP. Mo Williams would be the THIRD STRING point guard in Orlando, yeah, I went there, even J-WIll is better, and I hate J-Will. Do you not realize LeBron is your only player? Do I need to make a chart?

Nelson > Williams

Carter > West

Pietrus <<< James

Lewis > Hickson

Howard > O'Neal

Orl Bench >>> Cle Bench

Try to argue any of those, I could use the entertainment.

Cavs > Magic......Mo is much better than Nelson, Carter has nothing on west, actually West owns Carter when he defends him.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

Waaaay too much credit given to Mo for the Cavs success. The defenses are centered around stopping Lebron. The only reason the Cavs are scoring enough points to win is because Lebron developed a jumpshot over the summer. You can't just let him shoot anymore like you did last season.

The 2nd most important guy on that team is Vareflop. He hustles and creates extra possesions for that team. Next is Shaq who gets the other teams big men in foul trouble. Next is Delonte who, IMO, is the teams 3rd best player.

If Mo was any good, the backcourt of Redd and Mo would have terrorized the league.

Mo is a product of the great player that Lebron is. No Lebron, Mo is another Howard Eisely: good contributor to a team.

BTW: Lebron draws so much attention that they have 2 players shooting over 40% from 3, 1 close to 50% and their best shooter: Z shooting over 50% from 3.

Parker and another Cav player are 1 and 2 in the top 3pt shooters in the league. Z does not qualify because he has shot only like 14 3s.

In conclusion:

Really? Because you thought he could make Miami "a hell of a lot better" a few summers ago.

http://orlandomagiczone.com/ev...1029871/m/1741022404

You clearly hate him and refuse to give him props. He's a solid player and an all star. Just because he gave a bogus "guarantee," which the Orlando media baited him into saying anyway doesn't mean he's a bad player or a bad guy.

***Edit***

I misread something and made a mistake. I thought the guy I quoted made that post from the summer of 2007.

quote:
Originally posted by Random Cavs Fan:

quote:

In conclusion:

Really? Because you thought he could make Miami "a hell of a lot better" a few summers ago.

You clearly hate him and refuse to give him props. He's a solid player and an all star. Just because he gave a bogus "guarantee," which the Orlando media baited him into saying anyway doesn't mean he's a bad player or a bad guy.

Who baited Mo William's big mouth *** to guarantee a win? :

Mo Williams.

quote:

quote:

In conclusion:

***Edit***

I misread something and made a mistake. I thought the guy I quoted made that post from the summer of 2007.

Do you realize that Jamario Moon, and Parker were crap before this season? They still are crap but it's hidden because they are feeding off Lebron. Lebron makes the players around him better. WAAAAAY better. Mo is reaping the benefits of it because he is a real good shooter. I saw him play when he was in Milwaukee and thought that he was a real good shooter.

Mo will be out and the Cavs will not skip a beat. Cavs should trade him while he is O-VER-RA-TED!!!

quote:

quote:

quote:

In conclusion:

***Edit***

Do you realize that Jamario Moon, and Parker were crap before this season? They still are crap but it's hidden because they are feeding off Lebron. Lebron makes the players around him better. WAAAAAY better. Mo is reaping the benefits of it because he is a real good shooter. I saw him play when he was in Milwaukee and thought that he was a real good shooter.

Mo will be out and the Cavs will not skip a beat. Cavs should trade him while he is O-VER-RA-TED!!!

Yes Lebron makes his players around him better, who cares? If he is playing good who gives cares. Peyton Manning makes his WR's good. I really don't see the point you are making here. If he plays good then he's good for our team, he's not on your team, he's on ours. So i don't see why you care how bad he is on another team because right now he's on the CAVS.

quote:
Originally posted by xAusT1n:

quote:

quote:

quote:

In conclusion:

***Edit***

Yes Lebron makes his players around him better, who cares? If he is playing good who gives cares. Peyton Manning makes his WR's good. I really don't see the point you are making here. If he plays good then he's good for our team, he's not on your team, he's on ours. So i don't see why you care how bad he is on another team because right now he's on the CAVS.

Dwight Howard makes the players around him better on defense.

See Hedo Turkoglu

So, I don't get the criticisms, MAGIC FANS.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

In conclusion:

***Edit***

Yes Lebron makes his players around him better, who cares? If he is playing good who gives cares. Peyton Manning makes his WR's good. I really don't see the point you are making here . If he plays good then he's good for our team, he's not on your team, he's on ours. So i don't see why you care how bad he is on another team because right now he's on the CAVS.

See Hedo Turkoglu

The point I am making is that with Mo in or out it will not make any difference with the Cavs because of Lebron.

Only way the Cavs face real adversity is if they lose (besides Lebron) Varejao or Shaq, basically their impact bigs.

Jesus, you people are such homers it's not even funny. Mo Williams only has the numbers he does because of Lebron?...yet Meer is on a team surrounded by "all-stars" --one would think he'd average more assists per game. You mention that opposing teams play off of Mo to deal with Lebron, but on our team of "all-stars" Meer should be open all day...oh wait that's right, they are only all-stars and overvalued when it works in favor of our homerific arguments. On top of it all, his last two years in Milwaukee actually saw him averaging more points and more assists than he has been this year at around the same %. Yet...it's all Lebron. Gotcha.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

In conclusion:

***Edit***

Yes Lebron makes his players around him better, who cares? If he is playing good who gives cares. Peyton Manning makes his WR's good. I really don't see the point you are making here . If he plays good then he's good for our team, he's not on your team, he's on ours. So i don't see why you care how bad he is on another team because right now he's on the CAVS.

See Hedo Turkoglu

The point I am making is that with Mo in or out it will not make any difference with the Cavs because of Lebron.

Only way the Cavs face real adversity is if they lose (besides Lebron) Varejao or Shaq, basically their impact bigs.

How is losing your second best player not adversity? Especially on a team with not a lot of offensive weapons. Just because you like the Magic doesn't mean you have to make ridiculous posts. The Cavs just play harder and have better role players. Not ot mention Bron's leadership which is seriously lacking on the Magics team.

quote:
Originally posted by Peaceful Cavalier23:

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

I think he is the best player in the nba. In my opinion, he is better than Kobe.

But then, I hate how he thinks he is better than the rest of the people. This screaming near lakers bench, even though I hate the lakers, was uncalled for.

You gotta be looking for an excuse to hate on him...He wasn't near the LA bench. He was in the middle of the court...where you inbound the ball. Right in front of the announcers table. He wasn't talking to anyone from LA, or their bench. If you hate lebron for that, you must despise Kevin Garnett.

Lebron James is a poor sport and does not hold himself in a manner that should be praised the way it does. He is coddled by the media, when in reality, is probably the easiest to dislike of all the NBA stars. And he still hasn't won anything and the Lebron-Kobe arguments still are happening. Great teams win championships, great teams are built around great players, Kobe has 4 and Lebron has none.