Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Post your Music

Dude the bhouse music is sick sex. Problem is when they play a good song right when i'm passing out. I can't fall asleep until I listen to it and then I wait for the next one so then I'm back up and playing air geetar.

I'm a gettin excited for the new Surfer Blood record..love those bros.

Haven't read through the thread in a while. You guys like the new Black Dahlia? I'm pretty happy with it, and got to hear it premixed. It already sounded like demonsex.

also, I really like this song right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngGhYzElgWU

lol same here man. I heard some old offspring on there and then beastie boys and felt like I got sucked into a time warp.

Haven't listened to all of the BDM yet, but I have it.

FWIW, Bon Iver makes me want to stick a gun in my mouth. Seriously, awful.

:(

I've come to like the second album.

Speaking of Neil Young, I'm incapable of listening to a song from Harvest and not finish the entire album. So good.

I spent years thinking that Horse With No Name was a Neil Young single from that same period of time. I felt somewhat vidicated when I found out it was the number 1 single that immediately followed Young's Heart of Gold, and that there was a pseudo-controvery about how much the song sounded like Neil Young even then.

But yeah, 70s-era Young is just magnificent. Every album from After the Gold Rush through Rust Never Sleeps is completely unassailable(unless you count American Stars 'N Bars as a proper album, which I don't).

I'd be hard-pressed to pick out a favorite Neil Young song from that period. "Cortez the Killer" maybe?

Also: As someone born in 1985, I find it baffling that there was a time when an album like Harvest could be the best selling album of the year.

I spent years thinking that Horse With No Name was a Neil Young single from that same period of time. I felt somewhat vidicated when I found out it was the number 1 single that immediately followed Young's Heart of Gold, and that there was a pseudo-controvery about how much the song sounded like Neil Young even then.

But yeah, 70s-era Young is just magnificent. Every album from After the Gold Rush through Rust Never Sleeps is completely unassailable(unless you count American Stars 'N Bars as a proper album, which I don't).

I'd be hard-pressed to pick out a favorite Neil Young song from that period. "Cortez the Killer" maybe?

Also: As someone born in 1985, I find it baffling that there was a time when an album like Harvest could be the best selling album of the year.

tl;dr

That would get my vote. And if you haven't heard it before, do yourself a favor and listen to Built To Spill's live cover of it. It might be a bit long for most people's tastes, but if you're up to the challenge it's fantastic.