Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Dwight Howard

I'm not gonna lie

This is my second and last post on this topic. I probably do things the wrong way (I'm actually sure I do), but I look at the upsides to things. Meaning...

Athiest: If you're right in your beliefs, when you die it's just that, you're dead, roll credits. If you're wrong when you die, you're ****ed.

Faith: Notice I said faith and not Christianity. If you're wrong when you die, it's just that, you're dead, roll credits. If you're right when you die, you will be in Heaven, and that place sounds pretty damm good.

I have my faith for more reasons than it just having a better upside, but regardless, it definitely has a much better upside.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

This is my second and last post on this topic. I probably do things the wrong way (I'm actually sure I do), but I look at the upsides to things. Meaning...

Athiest: If you're right in your beliefs, when you die it's just that, you're dead, roll credits. If you're wrong when you die, you're ****ed.

Faith: Notice I said faith and not Christianity. If you're wrong when you die, it's just that, you're dead, roll credits. If you're right when you die, you will be in Heaven, and that place sounds pretty damm good.

I have my faith for more reasons than it just having a better upside, but regardless, it definitely has a much better upside.

We should have a name for this..."TreyTime's Wager" or something like that.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

After all you posted, which is a considerable amount; this is what i'd like to talk about. The issue facing evolution and how it impacts faith. After developing his theory Darwin had this to say.

That is called pascals wager. So you believe in god just in case. You would have to assume Christianity is the correct religion out of many.God will award someone who is just looking for a handout, instead of somebody who is honest in their disbelief. You either believe, or you do not.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

There's no way around that logic

quote:

After all you posted, which is a considerable amount; this is what i'd like to talk about. The issue facing evolution and how it impacts faith. After developing his theory Darwin had this to say.

quote:

So there is no room for interpretation anywhere in the bible? Everything must be taken literally?

In my experience there is room for figurative understanding. but i don't see one here. As i said, it's very specific.

quote:

quote:

So there is no room for interpretation anywhere in the bible? Everything must be taken literally?

In my experience there is room for figurative understanding. but i don't see one here. As i said, it's very specific.

As is the passage Dom just referred to about stoning your children if they're disobedient. You don't follow that literally, do you?

quote:

quote:

quote:

As is the passage Dom just referred to about stoning your children if they're disobedient. You don't follow that literally, do you?

Everything occurred in its time. Practices, laws and the like.Power has been given to the various nations of the earth to make their own laws governing peoples of different lands.

Romans 13

1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.