The Official "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU PLAYING!!!?" Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

*Hugs his Nintendo classic stash*

I wish I knew what happened to all my old systems and games. I miss NHL 94 goddammit, and all my wrestling games. Oh sweet wresting games, why have you left me?

NES

SNES

SEGA Genesis

N64

Dreamcast

Different Game Boys

I seriously have no idea where they are. It's CRAP.

No Mercy 64 FTW /end thread discussion on wrestling games.

Couldn't agree more i still have my gameboy, snes and n64 I actually still play no mercy lol

currently on the last level of dragonage and also playing bayonetta though i'm not feeling it, I think its a tad overated.

Mainly waiting for bioshock 2 and mass effect 2 and im still slightly gutted that they aren't making a KOTOR 3 - awesome series.

So here's a new question I have to pose to all my fellow gamers on Orlandomagiczone. What game's do you guys find yourself going back to play the most after you play a new one?

Myself I'm always find myself back on one of my 3 favorite series. Halo, Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts. I'm currently playing through Final Fantasy 7 (dl'ed it for only 10 bucks off the PSN... hellz yeah) and hope to maybe hit all the other FF's (severely doubt it though) before the biggest game release of the year (to me anyway...) Final Fantasy 13 comes out.

How about you guys?

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

So here's a new question I have to pose to all my fellow gamers on Orlandomagiczone. What game's do you guys find yourself going back to play the most after you play a new one?

Myself I'm always find myself back on one of my 3 favorite series. Halo, Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts. I'm currently playing through Final Fantasy 7 (dl'ed it for only 10 bucks off the PSN... hellz yeah) and hope to maybe hit all the other FF's (severely doubt it though) before the biggest game release of the year (to me anyway...) Final Fantasy 13 comes out.

How about you guys?

I've beaten Final Fantasy Tactics at least 5 times. It's not the best turn based strategy game ever, but it's **** good, the job classes are interesting(even if some of them are completely worthless), the maps are inspired, and some of the spells are fun.

My only complaint about the game, to this day, is the fact that its plot makes less than zero sense, and the game's writers' response to lull in plot movement was "insert someone committing a betrayal here".

Sidenote: that game is also proof that the people who protest violence and sex in games would do better by their causes if they actually examined the games' plots. In Final Fantasy Tactics, there is an entire section of the game devoted to exposing the game's obvious stand-in for the Catholic church was actually based on a scam, and the game's final boss is the obvious stand-in for Jesus, who in the game had actually gained his powers by selling his soul to a demon.

Seriously.

I have Final Fantasy III on my DS, the actually 3rd one, not VI, and I HATE the job system on it.

You have to level up your jobs. Every time you beat a major boss, more jobs are made available. It sucks, because I had the job levels really high on what become inferior jobs. The game is a pain in the ***.

Are the rest of the Final Fantasies like that? If there are job levels in the others, I'm definitely not buying IV. Luckily, I got this one for free.

I know Final Fantasy I didn't have job levels. That's the only other one I've played.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

I have Final Fantasy III on my DS, the actually 3rd one, not VI, and I HATE the job system on it.

You have to level up your jobs. Every time you beat a major boss, more jobs are made available. It sucks, because I had the job levels really high on what become inferior jobs. The game is a pain in the ***.

Are the rest of the Final Fantasies like that? If there are job levels in the others, I'm definitely not buying IV. Luckily, I got this one for free.

I know Final Fantasy I didn't have job levels. That's the only other one I've played.

No they are not. The only other job system FF was Final Fantasy X2, and it made up for it with probably the fastest most action paced style ever for a battle system in the series.

And I would highly recommend you play FF4's DS remake. 4 in my opinion is the best of the old 2D ff's (most people prefer 6 though), and has a much more traditional leveling system with an awesome storyline. Out of the whole series I would rank it behind 7 and 10 only (10 being the best).

Take 3, trade it in, and get 4. The DS remake was absolutely superb, and seeing as you don't like that job system I bet your going to prefer 4's traditional style.

I've played all the FF's so if you have any other question's let me know.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I've beaten Final Fantasy Tactics at least 5 times. It's not the best turn based strategy game ever, but it's **** good, the job classes are interesting(even if some of them are completely worthless), the maps are inspired, and some of the spells are fun.

My only complaint about the game, to this day, is the fact that its plot makes less than zero sense, and the game's writers' response to lull in plot movement was "insert someone committing a betrayal here".

Sidenote: that game is also proof that the people who protest violence and sex in games would do better by their causes if they actually examined the games' plots. In Final Fantasy Tactics, there is an entire section of the game devoted to exposing the game's obvious stand-in for the Catholic church was actually based on a scam, and the game's final boss is the obvious stand-in for Jesus, who in the game had actually gained his powers by selling his soul to a demon.

Seriously.

Despite my absolute love for FF, I still have yet to actually fully play tactics. I always would end up just getting side tracked and forgetting about it. I actually have the PSP remake war of the lions just sitting around so i need to delve into it. I played the 12 tactics styled sequel revenant wings and enjoyed it so i think its time for another try.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:

No they are not. The only other job system FF was Final Fantasy X2, and it made up for it with probably the fastest most action paced style ever for a battle system in the series.

And I would highly recommend you play FF4's DS remake. 4 in my opinion is the best of the old 2D ff's (most people prefer 6 though), and has a much more traditional leveling system with an awesome storyline. Out of the whole series I would rank it behind 7 and 10 only (10 being the best).

Take 3, trade it in, and get 4. The DS remake was absolutely superb, and seeing as you don't like that job system I bet your going to prefer 4's traditional style.

I've played all the FF's so if you have any other question's let me know.

Thank you. I will definitely get IV, then, because I found the original to be the same thing, but better. I should have gotten it, but oh well.

I played a little bit of IV on NES or SNES, I can't remember which, and it seemed more straightforward and had a coherent storyline and characters.

I got the Kingdom Hearts game for DS, too. It starts really slow, but once it picks up, it's actually pretty fun. I only ever rented Kingdom Hearts 2 before, so I have no idea what's going on lol.

Modern Warfare 2 and Fifa 10 on the pS3..

Playstation Network gamertag= FUSERBS

Im looking forward for the new James Bond videogame coming out from Activision.

quote:

Thank you. I will definitely get IV, then, because I found the original to be the same thing, but better. I should have gotten it, but oh well.

I played a little bit of IV on NES or SNES, I can't remember which, and it seemed more straightforward and had a coherent storyline and characters.

I got the Kingdom Hearts game for DS, too. It starts really slow, but once it picks up, it's actually pretty fun. I only ever rented Kingdom Hearts 2 before, so I have no idea what's going on lol.

KH is actually the series that got me to go back and play all the FF's. It's one of my favs and I have played all of the games religously. If you can afford it, go pick them up and play them as their all great.

I'm still ticked about 358 though... I got it for my DS and it got stolen while I was at UCF halfway through the game. Still have yet to replace it.

quote:

I think the only FF games that have the job classes(officially at least) are 3, 5 and the Tactics series.

I never played 3, so I can't really speak on it, but 5 did it very well, and I'm obviously a huge fan of Final Fantasy Tactics(even if that game is long, and the game becomes stupid easy once you get Orlandu).

KH was fun. I've only played I & II, though, since the others are on separate systems.

I can't say that I've played any older games recently since I haven't been playing many at all, but if I had the choice, it'd probably be an N64 classic, like Ocarina, DK 64, or Banjo.

If I still had my SNES, it'd probably be Chrono Trigger.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

KH was fun. I've only played I & II, though, since the others are on separate systems.

I can't say that I've played any older games recently since I haven't been playing many at all, but if I had the choice, it'd probably be an N64 classic, like Ocarina, DK 64, or Banjo.

If I still had my SNES, it'd probably be Chrono Trigger.

They actually remade the Game Boy advance game for the PS2. It's retitled Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories. It's only 20 bucks and It's pretty fun and fills in a lot of the blanks between the two.