Ryan the Magic Fan

The Official "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU PLAYING!!!?" Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:

Oh yeah for some of you that didn't beat Batman Arkham Asylum, I'm not gonna give the game away but it will be a part in the game that will kind of confuse you a bit, so DON'T THINK THAT IT'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR XBOX. A lot of peeps I know thought that it was something wrong with the game and thought that there disc was scratching but it's not. It's all part of the game. And I will leave you with just that. But it's really really fun game. Now I'm playing Xmen Origins Wolverine and Assassins Creed 2 now.

So you start by saying you're not going to spoil the surprise of that part, then you proceed to spoil the surprise. Well done.

Well I didn't spoil it. I just know a lot of peeps that turned their xbox off thinking it was something wrong and didn't save their game so they had to start all over. I didn't spoil nothing really just saying be ready. They don't know what part I'm talking about.

But the whole point of that part is that you're supposed to think something is wrong with your disc or your console. When it blanks out you're supposed to sit there for a few seconds in disbelief until it restarts. I know I'd be pissed if someone told me about it before I played it.

Rob is probably also of the opinion that walking up to someone getting ready to watch Empire Strikes Back for the first time and saying: "I can't believe Darth Vader is his father!" isn't spoiling the movie, because he didn't implicitly state whose father Vader was.

Thanks for ruining the game for me, Rob!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh yeah for some of you that didn't beat Batman Arkham Asylum, I'm not gonna give the game away but it will be a part in the game that will kind of confuse you a bit, so DON'T THINK THAT IT'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR XBOX. A lot of peeps I know thought that it was something wrong with the game and thought that there disc was scratching but it's not. It's all part of the game. And I will leave you with just that. But it's really really fun game. Now I'm playing Xmen Origins Wolverine and Assassins Creed 2 now.

So you start by saying you're not going to spoil the surprise of that part, then you proceed to spoil the surprise. Well done.

Well I didn't spoil it. I just know a lot of peeps that turned their xbox off thinking it was something wrong and didn't save their game so they had to start all over. I didn't spoil nothing really just saying be ready. They don't know what part I'm talking about.

But the whole point of that part is that you're supposed to think something is wrong with your disc or your console. When it blanks out you're supposed to sit there for a few seconds in disbelief until it restarts. I know I'd be pissed if someone told me about it before I played it.

What the hell? I hope this wasn't a huge part of the plot or anything lol.

Too anyone out there who absolutely loved Arkham Asylum you owe it to yourself to watch this review.

http://www.escapistmagazine.co...Batman-Arkham-Asylum

Also check out some of the guys other game reviews. Some of the funniest crap I have ever seen.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

What the hell? I hope this wasn't a huge part of the plot or anything lol.

It's one of those "breaking the fourth wall" type of things, where it makes it look like events in the game are having an effect on the game itself.

I definitely thought for a second that my xbox had crapped out. But that's what you're supposed to think, and it kind of plays into what's going on in the game at that point.

But if you're going into it "prepared" and expecting something like that, even if you don't know specifically what's going to happen other than it will seem like a problem with your system, the effect will be totally lost and you've now missed out on a pretty cool part of the experience of the game.

Way to go, Rob.

I can't remember which one it was at the moment, but I remember I played a FPS once where if you got really low on health, your screen would start going in and out of focus, your character would run slower, and it'd become substantially harder to aim straight. You know, like you were seriously wounded and losing blood.

It was a frustrating mechanic when it happened, but I really felt like it added to the immersion of the gameplay.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I can't remember which one it was at the moment, but I remember I played a FPS once where if you got really low on health, your screen would start going in and out of focus, your character would run slower, and it'd become substantially harder to aim straight. You know, like you were seriously wounded and losing blood.

It was a frustrating mechanic when it happened, but I really felt like it added to the immersion of the gameplay.

Wow, this is going to bug me now.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

it's going to bug you that I can't remember the name of a game?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

it's going to bug you that I can't remember the name of a game?

It's going to bug me that I know the game that you speak of and now join you in not remembering the name of it.

Just wrapped up Uncharted 2 and I will stress again to all PS3 players. You need to go get this game. Nothing on the PS3 tops it. Awesome single player with tons of replay and the best multiplayer on the PSN, even more so then Resistance and Killzone. If you haven't played the first one then go buy it used at gamestop, play it, beat it, return it and pick up 2. The game is simply incredible and is the clear game of the year.

For any of you out there that have the game stop magazine gameinformer, get ready for a nice little surprise. The feature article will be on Halo: Reach and the massive amount of stuff that Bungie is throwing into it.

Im very excited about this game, as I found the book on halo: reach to be one of the more fun reads ive done in a while.

I'm a pretty big gamer as well. If I'm not doing anything school related or working, I'm playing games. Lately, I've had a few different games going. I just finished Dragon Age; which was tight if you like RPGs. Also, I've had NBA 2k10, Mass Effect, and COD:MW2 going also. I've been to busy to put a lot of time into Mass Effect though. Oh and this is all on xbox.