Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

The Official "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU PLAYING!!!?" Thread

Well guys, finally the rebirth of basketball gaming is here. Nba Elite 2011 is going to be hands down the best NBA game ever made as far as competitive value. I think it was NBA 2k6 that had similar features to this, not quite to this extent but then they backed away from it when the 360 came out and live and 2k in my opinion both went to ****. Here's a little video of elite. Comes out this october according to EA.

http://www.gametrailers.com/vi...-nba-elite-11/701261

Oh and halo reach is almost here. 2 games I will be spending a lot of time on this winter and spring.

smile_shardhappy.png

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by JJ is MY homeboy:

Bioshock 2 is a reaaaaly good game I would reccomend to anyone with an xbox/ps3... single player's amazing and multiplayer isn't that bad for a game primarily known for it's single player

If you were a fan of the original Bioshock then you would understand Bioshock 2 has no reason to exist.

Any sequel that can only exist in the plotline by retconning the holy hell out of the original doesn't deserve to exist.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

Well guys, finally the rebirth of basketball gaming is here. Nba Elite 2011 is going to be hands down the best NBA game ever made as far as competitive value. I think it was NBA 2k6 that had similar features to this, not quite to this extent but then they backed away from it when the 360 came out and live and 2k in my opinion both went to ****. Here's a little video of elite. Comes out this october according to EA.

Oh and halo reach is almost here. 2 games I will be spending a lot of time on this winter and spring.

smile_shardhappy.png

I'll stick to 2K. It looks like it's going to take a miracle just to even make a shot.

I can't wait for the first full court Natal incorporated basketball game that comes with a special ball controller requiring you to actually play basketball in your living room alone to control your team.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

smile_shardhappy.png

I'll stick to 2K. It looks like it's going to take a miracle just to even make a shot.

yeah, i dont like games that I'm going to have to study just to play.

quote:

smile_shardhappy.png

It's like playing FIFA 10 with everything on manual, which sucks after awhile because it's a video game and it feels like work. I want to be able to make pass and drink my sugar-filled drink while cleaning off my cheeto fingers, instead I feel like I'm working more than playing a game.

Oh, and it still looks stupid.

It shouldn't be more difficult to play a basketball video game than it is to play actual basketball. Some of these control schemes are getting ridiculous.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

It shouldn't be more difficult to play a basketball video game than it is to play actual basketball. Some of these control schemes are getting ridiculous.

Soon enough they'll have a full body motion basketball game. You go into "create your shot" and whatever jumpshot you use, that is yours, meaning if when trying to shoot the ball, if you don't use the same amount of lift or follow through like you did when you created it, it's a miss. It'll also have pick up games and you'll be in your living room with all kinds of wires plugged up your *** jogging around with an imaginary ball.

I can't wait.

Seriously? Pushing up on the right stick is that hard? It's really not hard. I mean they already have the shot stick in 2k lol. Well have fun with that garbage game. Every time I play 2k I can't help but laugh at how retarded the gameplay is.

quote:

Seriously? Pushing up on the right stick is that hard? It's really not hard. I mean they already have the shot stick in 2k lol. Well have fun with that garbage game. Every time I play 2k I can't help but laugh at how retarded the gameplay is.

So wait a tick. You're mocking the 2K gameplay and shotstick, yet you just compared it to what NBA Elite is doing.

Did I miss something?

He also mocked 2K, so I assume he thinks NBA Live 10 is better, and in that case I can't even take him seriously anymore.