src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FRWYRqaGFE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"

width="640"

height="385"

/>

Not playing it...yet.

Derek Zoolander in...

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

Finally beat FFXIII main story and most of the side missions.

took a LONG time.

What did you think LT4W? I'm on the last boss now and doing some leveling up. I didnt like the slow start but I've enjoyed it up till now. Still think X was the best though.

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoMagicFan:

and have been playing Battlefield Bad Company 2. That game takes a huge dump on MW2. Very fun game.

TY

smile_svgsad.png

Just beat red dead redemption ....now playing online icon_biggrin.gif

I'm happy Lewis and Ramsde enjoyed FFXIII, but I don't think I've ever played a game with which I was that disappointed.

Oh well; I get Starcraft II soon, and Fallout: New Vegas in 4 months, and last night I had an hour and 45 minute conversation with a friend about the evolution of video games as an artistic medium in the last decade and how that evolution compares to the evolution of the film industry, because I'm a pretentious ******* who talks about things like that. So I shouldn't complain too much.

But yeah, I was really disappointed with FF13.

quote:
I'm happy Lewis and Ramsde enjoyed FFXIII, but I don't think I've ever played a game with which I was that disappointed.

I enjoyed the gameplay system but didn't like the fact that there was no towns or shops and limited money. I appreciate the idea that they were trying to show that you're on your own so you shouldn't be able to have thousands of potions and stuff.

Im not a fan of the way that items (besides fortisol and agisol) became obsolete after chapter 12, same with summons unless you use the vanille death trick to kill adamantioses.

i also dont really understand the story

[spoilers] you're supposed to kill orphan, but you don't want to kill orphan because that means you're destroying cocoon. So instead you decide to kill orphan? I need somebody to explain to me their purpose [/spoilers]

Yeah I found some funky things with the gameplay and the storylines. It was a few of the cooler characters like Fang, Sazh, and Lightning and the awesome battle system that kept me involved though. It was dissapointing to me when I hold it up to the older FF games like DOM said but I try to judge it on it's own merits. Too me it was just like a few other JRPG's like Star Ocean and the Tales series. Not a really great story but a fun battle system.

I hope they go back to some more traditional gameplay styles for the next one after the new online one. I appreciate them trying to change up the old style so things dont go stale (see every FPS out there), but they deviated a bit too much and tried to hard. I'd like to see them keep the really fast paced battle system and sci-fi futuristic style but go back to the towns and more exploration based gameplay.

That and let Tetsuya Nomura handle the character design but not try to do the story. He did will with Kingdom Hearts, but I think he goes a bit to wild on Final Fantasy.

I've played, I think, 5 games between the Tales of Arcadia series and the Star Ocean series, and I'd take every single one of them over FFXIII.

Even Star Ocean: 'Til the End of Time, which had the worst plot of any RPG I've ever played. (It made the terrible story in Radiata Stories seem deep and poignant by comparison.)

I also agree with Lewis to some extent about FFXIII's story: they swung really hard with FFX's method of storytelling by painting strictly with broad strokes, and in FFXII they tried so hard to be subtle that half the things they talked about made no **** sense. It seemed like with FFXIII they were stuck trying to bridge the two, and the failures did abound. The parts that were supposed to be broad were just confusing, and the parts that were supposed to be subtle were obvious.

And the ending made no sense in the context of what the game had spent hours building up, in terms of the desires of the different characters, and that's a serious issue. It isn't FFX level ridiculous for a plot, but it wasn't good.

I played a game called "Date hot girls and take them out for candy and soda" while you guys were playing World of Starcraft and listening to Ace of Base in your mommas living room eating old hot dogs from the last time your friend slept over. lmfao