Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

The Official "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU PLAYING!!!?" Thread

An in "things that make DOM abuse alcohol" related news, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, which as you all know is really Call of Duty 8 and Modern Warfare 4, made a billion *****ing dollars in 16 days.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/activision-modern-warfare-3-fastest-1-billion-130949515.html

• Upvote 1

An in "things that make DOM abuse alcohol" related news, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, which as you all know is really Call of Duty 8 and Modern Warfare 4, made a billion *****ing dollars in 16 days.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/activision-modern-warfare-3-fastest-1-billion-130949515.html

I don't mind them. They keep console sales going strong. There are still plenty of creative developers out there.

wow

I had every CoD since MW 1, but I bought BF3 this time around

I don't mind them. They keep console sales going strong. There are still plenty of creative developers out there.

Not really. Almost every franchise sans Elder scrolls (maybe) has been "dumbed" down for the call of duty audience. It has had a tremendous negative effect on the industry.

Not really. Almost every franchise sans Elder scrolls (maybe) has been "dumbed" down for the call of duty audience. It has had a tremendous negative effect on the industry.

franchises are always going to be that way because they are replicating past stuff. There are artsy games out there but probably not enough.

Actually, Elder Scrolls has been considerably dumbed down. In Morrowind, there was no "compass" to tell you exactly what to do, or magic spell to show you a path to your next objective. Your map didn't even show you where you were. It was cool. You had to look around like reading a real map and figure it out. That, and there were a lot more different kinds of weapons and spells. And that's my geek rant for the day.

Actually, Elder Scrolls has been considerably dumbed down. In Morrowind, there was no "compass" to tell you exactly what to do, or magic spell to show you a path to your next objective. Your map didn't even show you where you were. It was cool. You had to look around like reading a real map and figure it out. That, and there were a lot more different kinds of weapons and spells. And that's my geek rant for the day.

Those are just inconvenient, outdated RPG mechanics right there.