Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

The Official "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU PLAYING!!!?" Thread

currently playing : odd playlist

Xbox360 : NBA2K my player on second season (think i'll stop shortly - -''')

some Marvel VS Capcom 3 and some Final Fantasy XIII

PSP : 2nd Super Robot Taisen Z

Project Diva 2nd (yea.....)

PS2 : Final Fanasty XII (plays again for no reason last night)

Super Robot Taisen Z

Wii : Mario Kart Wii (no idea why .. still plays it)

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Lord Xenu is currently playing Grand Theft Auto IV and Saints Row 2 on his Xbox 360 and occasionally Final Fantasy Tactics on his PS1, though Xenu may stop playing FFT now that he's unlocked Orlandu and obtained the Genji Gear, the point in the game where it becomes psychotically easy from then on.

Thoughts on those games:

GTA IV: ambitious, at times brilliant, but marred by the friendship characteristic, perhaps the stupidest, needless and most obnoxious mechanic in any game Xenu has ever played. Xenu is not even a quarter through the game yet, and already he wants to bash Roman's face in with a Exsor rod.

Saints Row II: A less ambitious GTA IV, with a sense of humor and without the friendship thing. Might be a better game, actually. It's certainly less cumbersome.

Final Fantasy Tactis: Not the best tactics game ever, but certainly the most definitive. The difficulty curve between battles is, at times, completely incoherent(the 3 consecutive battles at Riovanes Castle are the most obvious example of this), but the characters are fun, the job classes interesting, and the story is lots of fun when it doesn't bog itself down in new conspiracies 90 seconds.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

GTA IV: ambitious, at times brilliant, but marred by the friendship characteristic, perhaps the stupidest, needless and most obnoxious mechanic in any game Xenu has ever played. Xenu is not even a quarter through the game yet, and already he wants to bash Roman's face in with a Exsor rod.

I just ignored the friendship stuff. The abilities you gain by becoming friends with people aren't even that useful. I never needed any of them in any of the missions.

It is kind of absurd that at some point, the developers had a meeting where some guy was like, "You know what would really put this game over the top? If you could plan nights out with your friends, and each friend liked different types of activities and you had to juggle them around so as not to bore them." And then another guy was like, "Yeah, that's a really good idea."

I just ignored the friendship stuff. The abilities you gain by becoming friends with people aren't even that useful. I never needed any of them in any of the missions.

It is kind of absurd that at some point, the developers had a meeting where some guy was like, "You know what would really put this game over the top? If you could plan nights out with your friends, and each friend liked different types of activities and you had to juggle them around so as not to bore them." And then another guy was like, "Yeah, that's a really good idea."

Xenu would be less bothered by it if they didn't call him in the game constantly.

What's remarkable to Xenu is that someone so blatantly missed what makes hanging out with real life friends meaningful. A player gets no joy out of going with a fake person to a fake strip club. That's a babysitting mini-game, and not even an interesting one.

Lord Xenu is currently playing Grand Theft Auto IV and Saints Row 2 on his Xbox 360 and occasionally Final Fantasy Tactics on his PS1, though Xenu may stop playing FFT now that he's unlocked Orlandu and obtained the Genji Gear, the point in the game where it becomes psychotically easy from then on.

Thoughts on those games:

Saints Row II: A less ambitious GTA IV, with a sense of humor and without the friendship thing. Might be a better game, actually. It's certainly less cumbersome.

Final Fantasy Tactis: Not the best tactics game ever, but certainly the most definitive. The difficulty curve between battles is, at times, completely incoherent(the 3 consecutive battles at Riovanes Castle are the most obvious example of this), but the characters are fun, the job classes interesting, and the story is lots of fun when it doesn't bog itself down in new conspiracies 90 seconds.

those three consecutive battles at the castle still haunt me to this day. The one that kept getting me was the battle where you can't let what's her face die on the rooftop of the castle.

Maybe it was because i was young and couldn't develop a good strategy but that took me tens of hours of maxing out classes to beat.

those three consecutive battles at the castle still haunt me to this day. The one that kept getting me was the battle where you can't let what's her face die on the rooftop of the castle.

That sort of ties into Xenu's problem with those battles.

The first is breathtakingly easy with any character build.

The second battle, against Wiegraf/Velius is disgustingly hard normally, but can be made manageable with luck or with a good selection of skill choices.

The third battle can and often is lost before you ever get a turn because you lose the battle automatically if Rafa dies, and she'll frequently be killed by the Assassins before you've even gotten a turn.

When "You lose before you have a chance to do anything" is a legitimate possibility, someone screwed up in the development level.

Currently Playing:

Minecraft - PC

NBA Live 2009 (2010 version broke :angry: )

Black Ops

Halo Reach

Saving up money to buy Portal 2. Downloaded a trial of Portal 1 and it is ridiculously addicting.