Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

The Official "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU PLAYING!!!?" Thread

I'm a really big video game guy, as it is all I really do in my spare time when I'm not working out, going to school, or at work. I have all the systems and play everything, from the crazy popular games like Halo and Call of Duty, to those little undiscovered gems that no one heres about like ICO and Okami.

So seeing it is right after christmas (and I'm a very curious ******* who likes to peek at others lives) I figured now would be a good idea to get a pulse on what our fellow Orlando Magic board members have got spinning in their respective systems.

This thread will mainly be about what your currently playing, but dont be afraid to put up what systems your playing, and any games you see coming down the pipeline that your interested in. If you have any questions about a game, by all means ask me, as I keep track of all the goings on in the industry.

I'll start off with what I'm right now on. As always during this time of year I'm playing NBA 2K10 on my 360. I'm normally a ps3 guy cause i prefer the controller but when 2k10 was released my PS3 broke down just a week before and i was not gonna wait.

For christmas I ended up getting 3 new games, two as gifts from my girl and one i picked up for myself. The two i got as gifts were Uncharted 2 and Batman Arkham Asylum. Having played through a good bit, I can say this with confidence, if you have a PS3 and played the first you must go get Uncharted 2. If you havent played the first then find a cheap used copy and get it, then return it and pick up 2 with the credit. This game is every bit the game of the year awards it keeps receiving.

Arkham Asylum is incredible and I'm psycked to know they got a sequel planned. The other game I found is a little known title for the Wii called Muramasa: The Demon Blade. For those of you who love japanese games, fast action paced slashing games, or the old arcade 2D style beat em ups, this is a cheap ($40) game you should check out. It is really addictive and a game that really has such a stunning art style that it makes the Nintendo Wii's older graphics look nearly as good as the 360 and PS3, especially if your running it in 480p.

As for what I'm looking forward too, there are several, but I really cant see anything past March 9th, the day when Final Fantasy 13 drops on the 360 and PS3. I've been replaying the old ones and the excitement I have towards the newest one is crazy.

So... without further adeu... WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU GUYS PLAYING!?

I just started playing Resident Evil on the DS. The voice acting is hilarious.

And since I don't have a girlfriend anymore, I'm battling hardcore Pokemon.

That Batman game and Bioshock 2 would be sexy if my Xbox didn't die.

2K10 mostly, with Assassin's Creed 2 on the way. I also throw Rock Band 2 in there on occasion. I played a ton of Gears 2, but all of a sudden my disc became unreadable.

NBA 2K10

Modern Warfare 2 (would have prestiged by now if my xbox didn't get a stupid disc read error)

Assassin's Creed 2 (just beat it. great game)

and a little but of Madden here and there

I also love Batman Arkham Asylum but I don't play it often

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

I just started playing Resident Evil on the DS. The voice acting is hilarious.

And since I don't have a girlfriend anymore, I'm battling hardcore Pokemon.

That Batman game and Bioshock 2 would be sexy if my Xbox didn't die.

Let's battle sometime.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

Arkham Asylum is pretty bad***. The combat challenges have just about killed me though. The predator challenges are fun and still pretty challenging, but the combat ones require a whole different level of skill which I do not currently possess.

I havent even gotten to try those out yet. i keep going back and forth between it and uncharted 2

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

360: NBA 2k10 & DJ Hero

PS3: Nothing as of right now, though I'm thinking of picking up Ratchet and Clank: Tool of Destruction since the wife isn't playing it that much.

Tools of destruction is incredible, fun to play, and hilarious to watch. if you like it make sure you try out quest for booty on the psn and then look into a crack in time

I play PS3, and on it I'm currently rocking NBA 2k10, NCAA Football 10, and inFAMOUS. I've been wanting to get that Batman game, but haven't gotten around to it, and I still need to get Modern Warfare 2.

My life will be complete when MLB: The Show 10 comes out.

Downloaded the Dantes Inferno demo last night.

Wow, that game is going to be great. Great story, amazing graphics, and excellent gameplay from what I played. My favorite part was the end of the demo after you fight the giant beast and get to ride him and use him to do your bidding. Awesome.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Downloaded the Dantes Inferno demo last night.

Wow, that game is going to be great. Great story, amazing graphics, and excellent gameplay from what I played. My favorite part was the end of the demo after you fight the giant beast and get to ride him and use him to do your bidding. Awesome.

I did the same thing, though I only played it past the first fight, jumping to the next ledge once the boat shows up, then I got a phone call and shut everything down.

The new Batman game kicks ***.

I picked up Dragon Age and Left 4 Dead 2 from Amazon on black friday for $35 each. I haven't really gotten into L4D2 yet, since I haven't taken Dragon Age out of the xbox since I installed it to the harddrive.

Also, as silly as it sounds, I downloaded and really enjoy that XBL Magic the Gathering game.