Sign in to follow this  
MagicHistorian

Is it time to go to JJ?

As crazy as it sounds, Redick is playing much better then Carter is. Carter is not the same Vince Carter he was 5 years ago. I am tired of watching him take so many bad shots and have these horrible shooting performances and play no defense. Redick is probably the smartest player we have. He doesn't take bad shots, makes a decent amount of the shots he takes, hustles on every single play, and he plays the best defense of any of our guards. The facts back it up also, Redick Is shooting 46 percent from the field and 44 percent from 3, while vince is shooting 40 percent from the field and 34 percent from 3. I am tired of seeing Vince take 20 shots a game and still shoot that poorly. If you can't atleast shoot above 40 percent then you should not be shooting 20 times a game some times. My point sounds crazy, but maybe we need a change. Vince is past his prime.

As crazy as it sounds, Redick is playing much better then Carter is. Carter is not the same Vince Carter he was 5 years ago. I am tired of watching him take so many bad shots and have these horrible shooting performances and play no defense. Redick is probably the smartest player we have. He doesn't take bad shots, makes a decent amount of the shots he takes, hustles on every single play, and he plays the best defense of any of our guards. The facts back it up also, Redick Is shooting 46 percent from the field and 44 percent from 3, while vince is shooting 40 percent from the field and 34 percent from 3. I am tired of seeing Vince take 20 shots a game and still shoot that poorly. If you can't atleast shoot above 40 percent then you should not be shooting 20 times a game some times. My point sounds crazy, but maybe we need a change. Vince is past his prime.

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Weisbard:

Dude, you should definitely make a thread about it.

Vince Carter needing to shoot the ball 20 times is the cause of his poor percentages. Our offense is, until Jameer gets back, probably too dependent on Carter. That is a problem but Carter's production flat out hasn't. If you are a Magic fan and are not astonished at what Carter has been able to do on a new team with odd line-ups and long stretches of inconsistent help offensively then you just don't get basketball. Carter won't have to create his own offense as much when Nelson returns and his percentages will likely increase but until then, keep doing what you are doing.

And why is Carter's 19-5-3 statline not above percentage judging the way Hedo's 15-5-4 was? He did that at like a 40% clip and awful from deep and I don't recall anywhere near the same scrutiny.

Aside from the fact that VC shot worse with jameer on the floor, and aside from the fact that he should be shooting better-considering he has more help now then he ever has...The answer isnt benching Vince. The answer is sliding him to the 3. Redick and Vince together play pretty well. Carter just needs to become a distributor at the 3(sound like anyone) while he is in his slump. Redick is shooting lights out-he needs to be in the game.

Defense might dip a bit, but offense should go up atleast.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

And why is Carter's 19-5-3 statline not above percentage judging the way Hedo's 15-5-4 was? He did that at like a 40% clip and awful from deep and I don't recall anywhere near the same scrutiny.

Join WINCE Club.

JJ has definitely earned a starter's spot but certainly not over Vince. Slide VC to the 3 and bench MP. I love the guy, but I find myself pulling my hair out with him every time he pump fakes then travels, steps on the sideline, or commits a dumb foul. Much better suited to a 6th man roll.

quote:
Originally posted by PrematureShooter:

JJ has definitely earned a starter's spot but certainly not over Vince. Slide VC to the 3 and bench MP. I love the guy, but I find myself pulling my hair out with him every time he pump fakes then travels, steps on the sideline, or commits a dumb foul. Much better suited to a 6th man roll.

Yeah dude, lets slide Carter to the SF and make our defense even worse.

Vince has not played well the last couple of games, no question. But that is what happens with scorers. They tend to go in streaks. And the only way for them to get out of it is to keep trying to score. Vince is not the 1st guy to go 1-14. I do believe he still pulled down 7 rebounds and had 3 assists. He has been a solid rebounder from the SG position all season long, and Dwight needs that help on the boards.

Vince will come out of this slump. He is still getting used to finding his exact role and how to share the ball with Shard and the rest. He will have to re-adjust again when Jameer returns.

We are only 1/3 of the way through the season. We didn't get Vince for the regular season. We got him for the playoffs when we need a player that can create his own scoring opportunities when the defensive intensity picks up.

Vince will be fine after he has had the full regular season to fit in with the rest of these guys.

Having said that, it's great that JJ has become the type of player that he has rounded into. While playing Vince at SF isn't something I care for in many situations, it is nice to have the option to put that kind of fire-power on the floor with Dwight: Shard, VC, JJ and Jameer.