Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Dwight to Nate: Hang In There

quote:
Robinson was reportedly benched by New York coach Mike D'Antoni for joking with Howard before the Knicks played the Magic on Dec. 2.

"We were just having fun. It shouldn't matter what you do before the game; it should matter what you do during the game," Howard said. "I want Nate to play."

He added that he tried to encourage Robinson via text message.

"I just told him to keep going and not let anything affect him, whether he gets five minutes or 25 minutes, just do it to the best of his ability," Howard said.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_..._nate_hang_in_there/

So that's the reason why Nate got benched. ****, D'Antoni is putting his foot down. I wouldn't be surprise if he's wearing a Lakers uniform before the trading deadline.

quote:
Robinson was reportedly benched by New York coach Mike D'Antoni for joking with Howard before the Knicks played the Magic on Dec. 2.

"We were just having fun. It shouldn't matter what you do before the game; it should matter what you do during the game," Howard said. "I want Nate to play."

He added that he tried to encourage Robinson via text message.

"I just told him to keep going and not let anything affect him, whether he gets five minutes or 25 minutes, just do it to the best of his ability," Howard said.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_..._nate_hang_in_there/

So that's the reason why Nate got benched. ****, D'Antoni is putting his foot down. I wouldn't be surprise if he's wearing a Lakers uniform before the trading deadline.

Yeah, this is kind of weird. Isn't Nash known as a bit of a jokester? Amare certainly isn't Mr. Serious all the time. And last I checked, the Knicks have such mental giants as Al Harrington and Larry Hughes. Why is Nate the only one benched?

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

A finesse coach who preaches not to foul punishing his players for consorting with the opponent during pre-game? Wouldn't this make more sense coming from a guy like Riley?

that is joke new york need to pull mike in line i always had a laugh with my mates from the other team before a game hell id even be sitting on thier bench doing so once it was game time it was on plan and simple.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

That is a stupid reason to bench him. It has to be more to it.

Well there's a little more to it. The Knicks are saying Nate hasn't been taking the pregame warmups very serious and that incident with Dwight Howard was the "final straw" apparently. I don't agree with benching him though. He does provide some scoring and so what if he's having fun before the game. Sounds like the Knicks are reaching for excuses to get rid of him.

quote:
Originally posted by skinnyhoops:

quote:

Well there's a little more to it. The Knicks are saying Nate hasn't been taking the pregame warmups very serious and that incident with Dwight Howard was the "final straw" apparently. I don't agree with benching him though. He does provide some scoring and so what if he's having fun before the game. Sounds like the Knicks are reaching for excuses to get rid of him.

that would make more sense.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by skinnyhoops:

quote:

that would make more sense.

and if they want to get rid of him id happliy give them a stright swap for aj and id do it in a heart beat.