Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Players Who Could Be On The Move - ESPN

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

Gortat for camby ? Camby rebounds and blocks..

I would do that trade.

If only the Clippers would.

Yeah if Gortat still want to go to the Mavs, I would be cool if Otis traded Gortat straight up for Dampier. Dampier is a good backup that's starting right now. Other night he put up 14pts 18rebs so even at 34 he can still get the job done.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You don't trade front court depth for back up point guards, Since when? I always thought GMs look to make moves that will help improve there teams. And I bet if Golden State offer Watson and a throw in player for Bass, that Bass would be on the next thing smoking. especially when both bigs are very talented. The last time I check Watson was a "very talented" too. Why you think Otis was so pissed when Golden State decline his trade offer.

Yeah, let's just trade the depth we finally got at those positions for Jameer's back up. I'm sure L.A. will love that. A guess years of being abused inside has taught you nothing. Talented big men are limited in this league, back up guards are not.

And I guess years of getting abused by opposing teams point guards has taught you nothing.

Derek Fisher and Shannon Brown really tore us up. I wasn't talking about the Finals. I'm talking about overall, that it has been a problem for this team. Man, if we just had C.J. Watson last season...would of been epic. Well, Otis did offer the Warriors a 2010 1st round pick, Anthony Johnson and almost half of the TPE for Watson. So he must have saw him as a valuable piece to this team.

I know you weren't specifically talking about the finals. We lost to the Lakers because we couldn't handle their size. THAT'S THE POINT. Our Achilles heel has been interior defense and rebounding in crunch time, not opposing point guards. Moreover, what does that trade proposal have to do with Brandon Bass and Marcin Gortat? That's right, nothing.

And stop using red font like you're saying something important, or that you have any kind of reasonable point to make...you don't.

The whole reason why Bass doesn't help, the guy is undersized and apparently SVG isn't impressed with his defense. The guy is extremely overrated and only looked good rebounding because Dirk was playing Center most of the time. His offensive awareness and Basketball IQ look average at best.

This team needs a Marcus Camby off the bench and an elite perimeter defender. Barnes nor MP are that, Bass needs to be dealt soon because his value is plummeting.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You don't trade front court depth for back up point guards, Since when? I always thought GMs look to make moves that will help improve there teams. And I bet if Golden State offer Watson and a throw in player for Bass, that Bass would be on the next thing smoking. especially when both bigs are very talented. The last time I check Watson was a "very talented" too. Why you think Otis was so pissed when Golden State decline his trade offer.

Yeah, let's just trade the depth we finally got at those positions for Jameer's back up. I'm sure L.A. will love that. A guess years of being abused inside has taught you nothing. Talented big men are limited in this league, back up guards are not.

And I guess years of getting abused by opposing teams point guards has taught you nothing.

Derek Fisher and Shannon Brown really tore us up. I wasn't talking about the Finals. I'm talking about overall, that it has been a problem for this team. Man, if we just had C.J. Watson last season...would of been epic. Well, Otis did offer the Warriors a 2010 1st round pick, Anthony Johnson and almost half of the TPE for Watson. So he must have saw him as a valuable piece to this team.

I know you weren't specifically talking about the finals. We lost to the Lakers because we couldn't handle their size. THAT'S THE POINT. Our Achilles heel has been interior defense and rebounding in crunch time, not opposing point guards. Moreover, what does that trade proposal have to do with Brandon Bass and Marcin Gortat? That's right, nothing.

And stop using red font like you're saying something important, or that you have any kind of reasonable point to make...you don't.

The whole reason why Bass doesn't help, the guy is undersized and apparently SVG isn't impressed with his defense. The guy is extremely overrated and only looked good rebounding because Dirk was playing Center most of the time. His offensive awareness and Basketball IQ look average at best.

This team needs a Marcus Camby off the bench and an elite perimeter defender. Barnes nor MP are that, Bass needs to be dealt soon because his value is plummeting.

I'm still all for Otis trading for Shane Battier and Dampier or Camby. I'll give up Bass, Gortat and Barnes for them players. Get it done Otis.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

I'm still all for Otis trading for Shane Battier and Dampier or Camby. I'll give up Bass, Gortat and Barnes for them players. Get it done Otis.

Dampier is an old fart, if Dwight goes down then yes, Gortat won't replace him but at least he will be able to stay on the flor for 35 to 40 minutes. Damp for how many ? 20-25 ? What with the rest ?

Camby have big contract, Gortat is BYC so maybe even you would need all three of these guys to get him. Dampier have even much bigger contract.

Camby is expiring, definetly he will find team ready to give him big bucks and big minutes after this season so why the hell he would stay to play in Orlando ? For Magic it would be bigger cap problem than Gortat contract, much less depht on roaster.

To get Bettier you would have to give up both Bass and Gortat becouse of salaries. Magic don't need Battier if we're keeping Pietrus.

And last and most important thing, Gortat can block any trade that involves him.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

Updated list of players that could be on the move - pretty solid list, I'd say nearly everyone of them could be traded, or could even stay put...

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

guys how about the wolves ?

since this is the day ,

Session + R.Hollins(correct?) = M.Gortat + filler?

since we need young PG and Back up Center (plays 10mins) while the wolves is Going for Flynn (PG of the Future of wolves)

agree?

quote:
Originally posted by Bisayang Gamay:

since this is the day ,

since we need young PG and Back up Center (plays 10mins) while the wolves is Going for Flynn (PG of the Future of wolves)

agree?

Yes full agree, that would be great trade for Magic, and this is why it won't happen.

T-Wolves already have 4 guys playing center, they don't need Gortat, he is valuable for poor teams at this position.

Minnesota don't need him, and could get not only something much usefull for their roaster but just better player.

And Gortat is BYC, so that would have to be a pretty big filler, about two millions.

quote:
Originally posted by Leoben:

quote:
Originally posted by Bisayang Gamay:

since this is the day ,

agree?

Yes full agree, that would be great trade for Magic, and this is why it won't happen.

T-Wolves already have 4 guys playing center, they don't need Gortat, he is valuable for poor teams at this position.

Minnesota don't need him, and could get not only something much usefull for their roaster but just better player.

And Gortat is BYC, so that would have to be a pretty big filler.

ah ok..thx..