Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Players Who Could Be On The Move - ESPN

quote:
3. Marcin Gortat, Orlando Magic

Gortat is listed here because he so badly wants to be on this list. It's common knowledge leaguewide that the 7-footer was deeply disappointed when Orlando matched the Dallas Mavericks' five-year, $34 million offer sheet in the summer, leaving Gortat to hope that the passing of Dec. 15 will trigger serious trade discussions that will land him somewhere he'll get to play regularly.

quote:
4. Brandon Bass, Orlando Magic

Smith insisted earlier this week when asked by the Orlando Sentinel about Gortat and Bass that he has no plans to trade either one.

But Bass is finding it increasingly harder than Gortat to score regular playing time and is bound to attract suitors no matter what Smith says publicly. The clear vibe in circulation is that Bass, who landed a four-year deal worth $16 million from the Magic, is the more gettable of the two

quote:
3. Marcin Gortat, Orlando Magic

Gortat is listed here because he so badly wants to be on this list. It's common knowledge leaguewide that the 7-footer was deeply disappointed when Orlando matched the Dallas Mavericks' five-year, $34 million offer sheet in the summer, leaving Gortat to hope that the passing of Dec. 15 will trigger serious trade discussions that will land him somewhere he'll get to play regularly.

quote:
4. Brandon Bass, Orlando Magic

Smith insisted earlier this week when asked by the Orlando Sentinel about Gortat and Bass that he has no plans to trade either one.

But Bass is finding it increasingly harder than Gortat to score regular playing time and is bound to attract suitors no matter what Smith says publicly. The clear vibe in circulation is that Bass, who landed a four-year deal worth $16 million from the Magic, is the more gettable of the two

If one had to be traded, I'd go with Gortat. You could get a serviceable big off the waiver wire if needed to get boards and blocks for 10 minutes a game. Bass is more valuable due to his girth and his jumpshot.

We'll see though. I can safely say one of those 2 won't be on next year's squad.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

You don't trade front court depth for back up point guards, Since when? I always thought GMs look to make moves that will help improve there teams. And I bet if Golden State offer Watson and a throw in player for Bass, that Bass would be on the next thing smoking. especially when both bigs are very talented. The last time I check Watson was a "very talented" too. Why you think Otis was so pissed when Golden State decline his trade offer?

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

You don't trade front court depth for back up point guards, Since when? I always thought GMs look to make moves that will help improve there teams. And I bet if Golden State offer Watson and a throw in player for Bass, that Bass would be on the next thing smoking. especially when both bigs are very talented. The last time I check Watson was a "very talented" too. Why you think Otis was so pissed when Golden State decline his trade offer.

Yeah, let's just trade the depth we finally got at those positions for Jameer's back up. I'm sure L.A. will love that. A guess years of being abused inside has taught you nothing. Talented big men are limited in this league, back up guards are not.

quote:

quote:

quote:

You don't trade front court depth for back up point guards, Since when? I always thought GMs look to make moves that will help improve there teams. And I bet if Golden State offer Watson and a throw in player for Bass, that Bass would be on the next thing smoking. especially when both bigs are very talented. The last time I check Watson was a "very talented" too. Why you think Otis was so pissed when Golden State decline his trade offer.

Yeah, let's just trade the depth we finally got at those positions for Jameer's back up. I'm sure L.A. will love that. A guess years of being abused inside has taught you nothing. Talented big men are limited in this league, back up guards are not.

And I guess years of getting abused by opposing teams point guards has taught you nothing.

You left out a good blurb. It says GM's around the league know that Orlando typically isn't an active shopper, but rather takes a 'tell us what you want and what you'll give, and then we'll talk' type team.

My guess? Otis has a very set plan, and I doubt that plan includes a midseason trade. Unless someone calls and offers a deal that fits into that plan (for example, there are rumors that Otis wants a younger swingman to pair with Dwight for the long haul. If, say, Memphis were to call and offer OJ Mayo (which they won't), you'd have to think Otis would take that, because it fits in the plan, even if it isn't the normal timing. But if Houston calls and offers Chuck Hayes, not gonna happen) Otis would think about it. He's not going to disrupt the flow of the team merely to make a deal. However, all bets are off if Gortat's whining gets loud enough (see Ariza, Trevor).

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And I guess years of getting abused by opposing teams point guards has taught you nothing.

Which one was our real downfall in the finals?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Derek Fisher and Shannon Brown really tore us up. Man, if we just had C.J. Watson last season...would of been epic.