Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

"Bynum will soon becoem the best center in the nba if he remains healthy

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Nelson3:

Bynum is good, but overrated. His offensive game is more rounded than Dwight's is, but he also has Kobe Bryant on his team and doesn't deal with the double teams and take as much of a physical beating as Dwight does. Dwight is a better all around player than Bynum, but Andrew is an improving player and could potentially be the best in the league someday. But to say he's better than Dwight just because he can score in more ways is stupid.

Amen brother, but i'm not sure i'd say he could be the best in the league. He is improving though and i like the kid. but as long as Dwight, Oden and Yoa are playing, he's in the second or third tier of big men IMO.

Oden?, really, Oden??.

On the Bynum/Howard thing. I think this year Bynum has overtaken Dwight (at least up till now), for some reason Dwight has looked to be stalled in his devellopment, he is still one dimensional ofencively (still dominant) but he needs to develop somekind of a mid range game. Now don't get me wrong, I love Dwight, but he can't relly on brut force for the rest of his career (specially with his freethrow percentage), bc teams can just nail him, and send him to the line to miss.

IMO Oden has the potential, not athletic as the other C, but he is very smart and he can be one of the best in the league, probably a top 3. Sadly Greg can

I wish there was another Center that could challenge Dwight. Maybe if someone was capable of being the best center in the NBA it would push Dwight to work harder on his game.

quote:
Originally posted by indybobb:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Nelson3:

Bynum is good, but overrated. His offensive game is more rounded than Dwight's is, but he also has Kobe Bryant on his team and doesn't deal with the double teams and take as much of a physical beating as Dwight does. Dwight is a better all around player than Bynum, but Andrew is an improving player and could potentially be the best in the league someday. But to say he's better than Dwight just because he can score in more ways is stupid.

Amen brother, but i'm not sure i'd say he could be the best in the league. He is improving though and i like the kid. but as long as Dwight, Oden and Yoa are playing, he's in the second or third tier of big men IMO.

Oden?, really, Oden??.

On the Bynum/Howard thing. I think this year Bynum has overtaken Dwight (at least up till now), for some reason Dwight has looked to be stalled in his devellopment, he is still one dimensional ofencively (still dominant) but he needs to develop somekind of a mid range game. Now don't get me wrong, I love Dwight, but he can't relly on brut force for the rest of his career (specially with his freethrow percentage), bc teams can just nail him, and send him to the line to miss.

I'm not saying Oden is one of the best bigs now. I mean in terms of potential. Dwight, Oden and Yao are just on a higher level than Bynum. The injuries have slowed him, but he is a force inside.

Again, i'm not sure its reasonable to say Bynum has overtaken Dwight. As i've pointed out their numbers are similar even though Dwight has been out of it so far this year. Its hard to give a guy the throne after 16 games when the King has clearly not been his best and his rival and him are pretty much equal stats wise.

If Otis called Kupchek and said, "I will trade you Dwight for Bynum", Kupchek would say "Hell yeah!!!"

If it was Mitch calling Otis offering Bynum for Dwight, Otis would say "Hell no!!!"

End of Topic.

Please lock thread.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

If Otis called Kupchek and said, "I will trade you Dwight for Bynum", Kupchek would say "Hell yeah!!!"

If it was Mitch calling Otis offering Bynum for Dwight, Otis would say "Hell no!!!"

End of Topic.

Please lock thread.

yea, but that's because Mitch has Kareem Abdul Jabbar on his payroll. Who do you think has worked with Bynum on his game? And its probably not just Kareem either, but a whole host of other players who are a part or affiliated with the Lakers. not to mention all the excellent coaches, trainers, and personnel the Lakers have. Orlando Magic just can't compare as an overall organization.

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

End of Topic.

Please lock thread.

yea, but that's because Mitch has Kareem Abdul Jabbar on his payroll. Who do you think has worked with Bynum on his game? And its probably not just Kareem either, but a whole host of other players who are a part or affiliated with the Lakers. not to mention all the excellent coaches, trainers, and personnel the Lakers have. Orlando Magic just can't compare as an overall organization.

Dude, seriously. give it a rest.

Thread/

I'll admit that I only watch maybe 10-15 Laker games a year, but nothing about Bynum has really impressed me when comparing to Dwight, especially when they go against each other.

I'd love to see how bynum handles all the double teams that Dwight gets thrown at him. Or the lack of minutes from foul trouble. Or the constant beating from everyone trying to foul him.

Bynum's numbers have also been a little inflated with Pau Gasol being out for the first 14 games of the season. Bynum has no pressure on him at all. He is at times the 4th or fifth option on the floor with Kobe, Gasol, Odom, and Artest all ahead of him.

Dwight on the other hand is the guy that the defense keys off of against Orlando. Opponents view neutralizing him as a must to stop the Magic's inside outside attack. If Bynum ever had to take on that kind of responsibility he would fail and fail hard.

Take this from a fan who couldn't care less: Bynum has a better touch offensively around the basket, but Dwight is a much better player than Bynum overall. Bynum is a good defender, but he is not a DPOY candidate.

Let me put it this way: if you traded Bynum and Howard straight up today, what happens? I'll tell you what, the Lakers become the champs for the next 10 years.